CA Deck stacking legal madness

This reminds of the Jacques strategy ..... "I'll take a win on this no matter how I get it".

Sheer madness if CA prevails.

While I'll send $ to attack this, it'll never stand up in court. I could argue it in federal court and win. It's analogous to a poll tax. In light of Bruen, I can see even if it's pushed to the 9th Circuit for them to b-slap CA into next month.

While I'll send $ to attack this, it'll never stand up in court. I could argue it in federal court and win. It's analogous to a poll tax. In light of Bruen, I can see even if it's pushed to the 9th Circuit for them to b-slap CA into next month.
I wonder if the state will argue that challenging an anti-gun legal fee rule is, in effect, challenging a gun law and demand payment if it successfully defends the law.

I'll take that bet. I mean, they have to collect, don't they. It isn't some magic bullet that once you lose a lawsuit the $ automatically is debited from your bank account. They have to collect. Which means there is time to appeal. At some point, even if you get activist judges early on, that they will lose epically. Hell, it would be funny if the court then pulled an FU and made the State of CA pay all of the other legal fees. ROFL!!!!!

I'll take that bet. I mean, they have to collect, don't they. It isn't some magic bullet that once you lose a lawsuit the $ automatically is debited from your bank account. They have to collect. Which means there is time to appeal. At some point, even if you get activist judges early on, that they will lose epically. Hell, it would be funny if the court then pulled an FU and made the State of CA pay all of the other legal fees. ROFL!!!!!

You can say that all you like, but the state can simply call your bank, lock the account, and take everything in it if they feel like it. Feel free to take them to court about it, they don't care.

Right. And there is an appeals process that stops that collection. Do we really think this would survive even an appeals court reversal???? I have to believe even an En Banc in Cali would say, "yeah, that's just too dangerous a slope."

Right. And there is an appeals process that stops that collection. Do we really think this would survive even an appeals court reversal???? I have to believe even an En Banc in Cali would say, "yeah, that's just too dangerous a slope."
If you are going to appeal, best to transfer sufficient assets to your attorney before the seizure starts, unless you have enough to fund the fight left over if the state takes or freezes an amount sufficient to cover its claim.

Back
Top Bottom