• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CA Court of Appeal Holds Second Amendment Doesn’t Protect Semi-Autos

I've got 11 guns, with ammo and mags for each. That means I can arm 10 other people.

It doesn't matter that not everyone owns a gun. Enough of us do such that we can ensure those that want to fight will not do so unarmed.

I think the most recent number I saw was 310+ million guns in the US and it's growing faster than the population each year. The US has 50% of the firearms in the world. [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

CA, MA, NJ, NY - take your pick.

Hey, don't forget Illinois and CT, they are sh!tholes of the highest order too.

Are they using the argument that "because we have restricted access to these guns they're not in common use. there for they're uncommon and we can ban them"?

I'd rather see an increase in the number of gun owners and not just an increase in the number of guns owned.

I say BOTH!

More guns made in the US = higher supply
prices drop
more people can afford guns
more people buy their first gun, get addicted, want MOAR GUNZ!!!1
demand goes up
manufacturers strain to keep up with demand
prices rise slightly
people panic buy
prices skyrocket
manufacturers increase production
prices drop
people buy MOAR GUNZ

etc etc

To the legal experts here, they seem to be staking a lot of their claim on the AWCA being valid because it bans "unusually dangerous" weapons. Doesn't this open up a can of worms for an appeal as it is a FACT that the AWCA bans are arbitrary and capricious, which could be proven before a court that has even a little respect for the law?

The obvious perversion of the legal system in that decision was somewhat astounding.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm. I must have missed the "unusually dangerous" portion of the 2nd Amendment while focusing on "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

CA having state's rights under the 10th Amendment is the only thing here that is "unusually dangerous".

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather see an increase in the number of gun owners and not just an increase in the number of guns owned.

Same here. 88 million and growing, though.

California is a lost cause. I was reading a thread about HK Mark 23's the other day, and those bozos have the threads filed off to comply with their state AWB!

Un****ingbelievable. Talk about cowardice.

"Unusually Dangerous" = EFFECTIVE

Since when did a firearm have to be ineffective to be kept and borne by Citizens?

A sawed-off Rem870 Pump 12g appears to be "unusually dangerous" enough to kill soldiers on a military base... Which do we ban, Rem870s, hacksaw blades, or both?

Last edited:
This is exactly the tack taken by MA - that large capacity semi-automatic firearms are unusually dangerous, practically the same as machine guns and are not covered by the second amendment. To understand how MA is already defending their laws in court you should think of guns in terms of five types: Handguns (call firearms in the statutes), shot guns, rifles, large capacity weapons, and machine guns.

Any chance you guys have something in the works to help us out with that????

With CA and MA the only 2 states (that I can think of, but I am sure there is more such as CT, NJ and NY now on the list), and difference of opinion in the district courts throughout the country, this is sure to end up in the Supreme Court, correct?

There is no more need to risk firefighters lives every other month when Kalifornia catches fire.
Let that bitch burn to the ground.

You're a little off on your numbers.

Last time I checked I'm pretty sure the number of guns in this country was in the 250+ million range and might be approaching 300 mil by now.

There's damn close to one gun for every person in the country. That's not the problem. The problem is that those guns are not held by every person in the country. Some portion of the country has multiple guns.

I put the number down a notch approximating only semi autos.

Back
Top Bottom