C308

wasralex22

NES Member
I have been wanting one for a few years. I am finally taking the dive and getting one.

I have heard mixed reviews (the goes with anything anyways) but does anyone own one.

Hate or love it?
Any recommendations to make it a good rifle?

I've wanted one too but didn't want to get one of the "bad" ones so haven't gotten one. I'm interested to see what owners have to say about them.

I've wanted one too but didn't want to get one of the "bad" ones so haven't gotten one. I'm interested to see what owners have to say about them.

Same here... [popcorn]

There is a lot to like about them, especially the cheap mags, but some are just bad. The Late Boy Scout did a review of one and it had a slam fire. Yikes.

Last edited:
if wanting a CETME rifle, get a PTR91 or the PTR-32 (7.62x39) uses AK mags looks interesting. i have not owned a C308 but have seen enough to convince me it's not built for much use. i'm sure there are C308 owners who are happy with their rifles, but if i were starting from beginning i woudl go with a PTR.

If you're strapped for funds, go for the C308.

For a few hundred more, you can an AR-10 and that thing is waaaayy better.

Grabbed a C308 back when they were under 500$

Only way to buy it , not worth any more than that.

It’s a parts kit so you kinda get what you get. Mine shoots fine have had some issues with it not ejecting but a replacement ejector is cheap or you can shim it. FYI the sights suck balls, I put an old EOTech I had on it.

I have had a Cetme and a PTR91. Did not enjoy the shooting experience of either, and they would put crap all over and dent my 308 shells on ejection. My M1a is a much more enjoyable experience. Would love to try out a FAL.

Back
Top Bottom