• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C130's Over Palmer/Monson

Did anyone else spot the pair of C130's flying over the mentioned area around 1230 this afternoon? They had the rear cargo door's open when I first saw them, and were heading Northeast @ around 3500 feet. About 10 minutes later they were back, this time heading South and only one had the rear open. I know that Thursdays are always busy @ Westover but I never saw this type of activity here before. Is there a DZ near Palmer? These were both AF C130's and didn't appear to be any special type [judging by the silhouettes].

H1N1 immunization deliveries are ongoing....

the staging areas are ramping up for this weekends raids.

they are also testing an airborne (gas) variant to prevent an outbreak

*tin foil*

[wink]

Disclaimer: I am sorry to dispute the tinfoil crowd with facts.

Westover ARB has an active drop zone. The racetrack pattern they fly to go through the pre-drop checklists is big enough that it may very well cover the Palmer Monson area. If I was still active I could probably call and verify any drop activity but sadly so many people have left since I retired that I can't do it by phone any more.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled conspiracy theories.

[smile]

Westover ARB has an active drop zone. The racetrack pattern they fly to go through the pre-drop checklists is big enough that it may very well cover the Palmer Monson area. If I was still active I could probably call and verify any drop activity but sadly so many people have left since I retired that I can't do it by phone any more.

Thanks for clarifying.

Yo! True Yankees fans are not supposed to be apologetic. [wink]

Well, conspiracy theorists need to be treated gently in case they are off their meds.

Red Sox fans on the other hand are closet masochists who only understand a good @ss-kickin'.

[pot]

You old pot-stirrer you!

[cheers]

H1N1 immunization deliveries are ongoing....

the staging areas are ramping up for this weekends raids.

they are also testing an airborne (gas) variant to prevent an outbreak

*tin foil*

[wink]

To the mod can you ...PROVE FPrince account has not gone black and taken over by the gov?
UN troops in america are on high alert and the cattle cars are ready for operation exodus.
Rich

[jihad]

Please tell me that you're just joking. Otherwise, that might be the record for the most tinfoil in an inaugural post.

That was Sandman on their practice run for the daisycutter drop. Did you see Dustin Hoffman in town? Morgan Freeman perhaps?

Unless you see stuff falling from the planes, you have nothing to worry about! [wink]

Back
Top Bottom