• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R to C&R transfer in MA, questions on eFA10 transfer or registration???

I have never transferred a C&R out of my possession and I think I am going to be selling one C&R rifle to another C&R holder in MA.

Here's the question: Do we exchange C&R licenses, I log out and he then logs in and then he does an eFA10 as registration?

Or do we need to do a normal eFA10 transfer?

I am fine with doing the normal transfer but this takes one of my four annual transfers and if I don't have to do it, I would rather not.

Thanks.

I have never transferred a C&R out of my possession and I think I am going to be selling one C&R rifle to another C&R holder in MA.

Here's the question: Do we exchange C&R licenses, I log out and he then logs in and then he does an eFA10 as registration?

Or do we need to do a normal eFA10 transfer?

I am fine with doing the normal transfer but this takes one of my four annual transfers and if I don't have to do it, I would rather not.

Thanks.

C&R FFL in MA doesn't change anything WRT transaction reporting requirements. You as the seller are still obliged to use the "web portal". Then because you have the 03FFL, you have to log it out of your book and the buyer has to log it into his book.

Both C&R FFL swap and BB entries AND eFA-10 as a personal transfer. One is for the Feds and the other for the State and never the twain shall meet.

What happens if the C&R holders meet in another state and perform the transfer? I would presume anyone bringing guns back into MA simply has to register them at that point...

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom