C&R to C&R Sale in Massachusetts

hatrick

NES Member
In Mass, if both seller and buyer have C&R's and both live in Mass, does the sale count against your 4 annual person to person sales?

Thanks...

Anyone else correct me if I am wrong here but I would say "yes" as MA does not care about or recognize your C&R license and because a C&R is generally for personal collecting (vs resale and being a dealer), you would in fact need to fill out the eFA-10 in addition to making an entry in your bound book.

C&R FFL is Federal. FA-10s are state. One has nothing to do with the other. One must comply with both Federal and State Laws.

Anyone else correct me if I am wrong here but I would say "yes" as MA does not care about or recognize your C&R license and because a C&R is generally for personal collecting (vs resale and being a dealer), you would in fact need to fill out the eFA-10 in addition to making an entry in your bound book.

yes but instead of the effa10 can't he put it in his boundbook and then just ''register'' it ? that's what you do with a out of state rifle that comes in you put it in the system that it's in your possession now

yes but instead of the effa10 can't he put it in his boundbook and then just ''register'' it ? that's what you do with a out of state rifle that comes in you put it in the system that it's in your possession now

See the post by Len-2A. Bound book is federal. Register (ie EFA-10) is state. BOTH must be adhered to. If both seller and buyer are from MA as you stated, it must be a transfer, not a register, as it was hopefully already registered in MA by the the seller who owns it.

See the post by Len-2A. Bound book is federal. Register (ie EFA-10) is state. BOTH must be adhered to. If both seller and buyer are from MA as you stated, it must be a transfer, not a register, as it was hopefully already registered in MA by the the seller who owns it.
Only correction is that NOBODY cares if it was already registered in MA by the seller or not.

Back
Top Bottom