• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R serial # and FA-10

Quick ?, I'm about to fill out an FA-10 for a Mosin M44 I just received. There's the original number on the top of the receiver, where the proof marks are and such, and then on the side of the reciever is the importers info: C.A.I. Georgia VT, with a number that begins M44074xxx. Which should/do I use for the serial # on the FA-10?

I've always used the CAI or other importer assigned SN. Especially since the Cyrillic alphabet doesn't scan very well into the system.

Gary

Gary's response is the correct one. That's why BATFE REQUIRES them to put another random S/N on the guns. That is the number that goes on the 4473 in normal transactions and on the FA-10 as well. It should also be on your invoice from the mail-order supplier.

Gary's response is the correct one. That's why BATFE REQUIRES them to put another random S/N on the guns. That is the number that goes on the 4473 in normal transactions and on the FA-10 as well. It should also be on your invoice from the mail-order supplier.

thank you.

If they don't have serial numbers, that's all you can do. I've registered several that way, all 1920-1930 vintage US manufacture.

Ken

If it doesn't have a serial number, write none. But not all non-milsurp C&Rs don't have serial numbers.

yo.gif
[smile]

Back
Top Bottom