C&R sale out of state & transfers?

SKS Ray

NES Member
I read 1903Collector's post about the 4 transfers and Massachusetts laws question and understand the laws regarding sales of C&R eligible guns to other Massachusetts residents. Four sales per year, C&R is moot in the eyes of MGLs and still counts as a transaction, transfer form needed, etc. But what I was wondering is what about out of state sales?

If I sell 4 guns in Massachusetts to other Massachusetts residents and reach my legal limit here, could I still legally sell a C&R eligible gun to another C&R holder out of state?

I was also wondering what the procedure is for a Massachusetts C&R holder selling a C&R eligible gun to an out of state C&R holder? Swap licenses, make the sale and log it in the book, or is there a form to be filled out and sent in to the CHSB?

Man it sucks living behind the Iron Curtain.[angry]

If you're selling a C&R firearm out of state you just need a signed copy of his license then ship it out, keep in mind there's a few states with regulations prohibiting certain firearms. (don't ship an SKS to CA for example) You don't have to file anything in this state, just enter it into the record book.

I'm not sure if this is included in the four transfers a year deal or not.

Don't need anything but a copy of his C&R. Does not count against the 4, you can sell as many as you want. FA-10s specifically state that they should not be used for interstate transactions.

Back
Top Bottom