C&R renewal question

pavlin

NES Member
My first C&R renewal is coming up in few months and I was wondering if there's any renewal form or is it the same form that I used when I first applied? Can't seem to find any C&R renewal applications on ATF website. Also how much time in advance I should renew? Thanks

I would argue you always want to fill out the new application. Let your c&r expire and then reapply. You don't have to answer annoying questions about how many you bought and sold. You can throw away your old bound book so there is no record.

You will be without one for only a month or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that's a good approach. I didn't know the renewal form will be that nosy about what and how many I bought. Is there any drawbacks to doing it that way, for example atf will inquire why i ignored renewal form and let my C&R expire? or smth similar?
I would argue you always want to fill out the new application. Let your c&r expire and then reapply. You don't have to answer annoying questions about how many you bought and sold. You can throw away your old bound book so there is no record.

You will be without one for only a month or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that's a good approach. I didn't know the renewal form will be that nosy about what and how many I bought. Is there any drawbacks to doing it that way, for example atf will inquire why i ignored renewal form and let my C&R expire? or smth similar?

I just did this back in January. Although in a recent discussion on the MilSurp forum about this another member accused me of wrapping too much tin foil around my hat for going this route. I didn't like the questions around how many I bought and sold - not so much for the ATF but for the copy of the app that went to my CLEO. On the application there is a line/checkbox to indicate if you've ever been issued a license before; I checked this. It took the ATF about 3 weeks to process my new application.

I just did this back in January. Although in a recent discussion on the MilSurp forum about this another member accused me of wrapping too much tin foil around my hat for going this route. I didn't like the questions around how many I bought and sold - not so much for the ATF but for the copy of the app that went to my CLEO. On the application there is a line/checkbox to indicate if you've ever been issued a license before; I checked this. It took the ATF about 3 weeks to process my new application.

Yup, tin foil abounds.

This past renewal I had to report that I bought ONE C&R gun in the last 3 years and sold ZERO C&R guns. I'm really worried that my chief will do something with that info. Especially since he can do a simple search and list everything that FRB thinks that I still own from his desktop . . . that number may indeed shock him.

Back
Top Bottom