• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R question

Unsure of the answer as I haven't seen that particular question on a renewal yet (they seem to change the form every few years).

If it is in a section related to dealers, I'd put N/A.

If it looks like it addresses C&R FFLs as well, I'd answer honestly but the number would only be (IANAL) those shipped to a dealer/C&R FFL. Any that resulted in meeting FTF wouldn't seem to my IANAL sense as being an "internet sale".

If you are talking about question 8 have you,or are you going to do Internet sales.I called the BATF on that one,and he stated that you can pass on that question if you are a C&R.So that's what I am doing on my renewal form.

its a question for dealers not C&Rs. you needn't answer it.

Any of that internet sales stuff is for dealers and you can put a line in the box or n/a or whatever. Mine renewed no problem without these questions. I think I also put n/a in the business hours question since I'm not a business

I have a different question, maybe Len is the right one to answer but rather than PM, i thought all might want to know. (fyi i am a NH resident but i dont think it matters)

i have a CR renewal and it asks about internet sales, "how many internet sales have you done?"

what constitues an internet sale? GB is obvious. Classifieds on NES with a FTF transaction? is that an internet sale?

what about a different gun forum where the gun is mailed to you after sending money and an 03?

or were both of these transactions where the internet "facilitated" but did not make the sale?

maybe i am overthinking it, but it's a federal form and all

That is damned strange.

The only thing I can think of is they are trying to nail C&R's who are acting as FFL's and selling "too many" firearms.

Though honestly I could sell a dozen or more in a year if I just felt more energetic.

They would all be different, and items I've owned for several years. That I'm simply less enamoured of now than when I bought them.

That is damned strange.

The only thing I can think of is they are trying to nail C&R's who are acting as FFL's and selling "too many" firearms.

Though honestly I could sell a dozen or more in a year if I just felt more energetic.

They would all be different, and items I've owned for several years. That I'm simply less enamoured of now than when I bought them.
no i don' t think so, the renewal form for 03 and 01 is the same. as Patron stated after talking to the BATF it's a question for 01s not O3

no i don' t think so, the renewal form for 03 and 01 is the same. as Patron stated after talking to the BATF it's a question for 01s not O3

^This, they aren't trying to nail anyone, they're just using the same paperwork to cover all. If I remember right, I found in the directions that those questions didn't apply to C&R.

^This, they aren't trying to nail anyone, they're just using the same paperwork to cover all. If I remember right, I found in the directions that those questions didn't apply to C&R.

Thank you for clarifying that.

I am constantly worried that our C&R Status will be whittled away.

And I am PISSED that the "Antique" designation of 1898 has not been updated for what, fifty years or more ?

You definitely need a real Makarov now!
;)
All East German and some Russian military guns will be C&R eligible. Chinese and Bulgarian... I’m not exactly sure when those started to be produced, but it won’t be too long until they start to become eligible on the 50 year rule.
Besides your P64 there are several other “not-a-Mak” guns chambered in 9x18 for your research pleasure:
Polish P83
Hungarian PA/63 and it’s civilian market FEG variants
Czech CZ82
I’m a Mak/ 9x18 fan if that wasn’t obvious. ;)

I am a 9x18 fan as well and have a P64 and a CZ82. I'd like a FEG PA63 to go along with my FEG SA85M, a P83 and a real Makarov but they are tough to obtain in Mass due to the handgun roster. The PA63 and P83 are not C&R eligible so there's no way for me to get one. Non-Bulgarian Makarovs seem overpriced in my opinion so I've avoided those as well for now.

On an unrelated note, how does one handle a CMP Garand if one lives in MA and has a C&R? Enter it into the bound book AND do an eFA10 upon receipt?

I am a 9x18 fan as well and have a P64 and a CZ82. I'd like a FEG PA63 to go along with my FEG SA85M, a P83 and a real Makarov but they are tough to obtain in Mass due to the handgun roster. The PA63 and P83 are not C&R eligible so there's no way for me to get one. Non-Bulgarian Makarovs seem overpriced in my opinion so I've avoided those as well for now.

On an unrelated note, how does one handle a CMP Garand if one lives in MA and has a C&R? Enter it into the bound book AND do an eFA10 upon receipt?
Yes order garand, get it FA10 it and log it
Then enjoy

Back
Top Bottom