• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R question

I was just wondering, and I think I know the answer.

I just got my C&R and picked up a Makarov online.

I assume I have to register it through the portal just like anything else correct?

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

YES !

But if I were you, I'd wait a few hours to see if LEN-2A chimes in.

You must file the eFA10, but there are ways to do it that may make a difference.

Last edited:
GB, right ?

I like the ones with the weird brown finish on some of the small parts.

1200px-9-мм_пистолет_Макарова_с_патронами.jpg

Not mine.

I like them a lot, but it's a bad time for dad to be buying toys for himself :(

Yes put it in your bound book,and just register it on the EFA-10 which is just your LTC info,and the firearm info.No seller info needed.

Yes put it in your bound book,and just register it on the EFA-10 which is just your LTC info,and the firearm info.No seller info needed.
I haven't used mine in a while so I'm going off memory of what I did and what Len-2A says. The site will ask for seller info like it's required, but it's not. Just continue through the form. There is no up-side to entering the seller info and, for reasons I can't recall, entering a perfectly legal transaction from out of state could look illegal they way the MA system works. Sure, you're legal, but it would draw unwanted attention.

Awesome.

I figured it was just like getting a long gun in NH then filing an EFA10.

I got it from ******.

Don't reveal your source ! Our AG may target them !

Anyhow, that's no Mack. It's a P-64. I own one.

Excellent for the money.

It uses the same ammo, but very different design.

This forum is a great resource for the P-64: The Unofficial P64 Resource Forum - Index page

Awesome.

I figured it was just like getting a long gun in NH then filing an EFA10.
I just love the early German pistols:emoji_heart_eyes:. The modern pistols may be better designs and better made, but the styling has all the appeal of a knotty two by four.

Last edited:
Correct. Putting seller info on that form could lead to trouble.

I haven't used mine in a while so I'm going off memory of what I did and what Len-2A says. The site will ask for seller info like it's required, but it's not. Just continue through the form. There is no up-side to entering the seller info and, for reasons I can't recall, entering a perfectly legal transaction from out of state could look illegal they way the MA system works. Sure, you're legal, but it would draw unwanted attention.
Correct. If purchased from another C&R in another state and you put that on the form (NO place to specify it was an FFL) it will appear that you are admitting to a Federal crime!! Not desirable.

You definitely need a real Makarov now!
;)
All East German and some Russian military guns will be C&R eligible. Chinese and Bulgarian... I’m not exactly sure when those started to be produced, but it won’t be too long until they start to become eligible on the 50 year rule.
Besides your P64 there are several other “not-a-Mak” guns chambered in 9x18 for your research pleasure:
Polish P83
Hungarian PA/63 and it’s civilian market FEG variants
Czech CZ82
I’m a Mak/ 9x18 fan if that wasn’t obvious. ;)

Correct. Putting seller info on that form could lead to trouble.

Correct. If purchased from another C&R in another state and you put that on the form (NO place to specify it was an FFL) it will appear that you are admitting to a Federal crime!! Not desirable.

So a C&R in one state cannot sell a C&R Firearm to a C&R in another state?

That is NOT what I said.

I'm not trying to be confrontational.

I'm actually pretty ignorant.

If you have a moment, can a MA C&R sell a C&R Firearm to a C&R in another state? Any amount of firearms? If shipped?

I think you are saying this IS legal, just don't inform MA at all when selling, and do file an eFA10 when buying - but never admit as to the Seller?

I suppose other states do not require eFA-10 or equivalent?

Still I could only sell or ship a very limited number of firearms, C&R or not, to a C&R within Mass. Because MA does not recognize C&R.

I'm sorry. It is so complex.

MA C&Rs can buy and sell their C&R guns to others in other states. This is not a problem.

Filling out the eFA-10 with seller info can imply an (federally) illegal interstate transfer since MA eFA-10 has no way to designate that it was a FFL to FFL transfer of a C&R gun. So the MA person must be careful how they fill out the online form. That is all that I was saying in this thread.

MA C&Rs can buy and sell their C&R guns to others in other states. This is not a problem.

Filling out the eFA-10 with seller info can imply an (federally) illegal interstate transfer since MA eFA-10 has no way to designate that it was a FFL to FFL transfer of a C&R gun. So the MA person must be careful how they fill out the online form. That is all that I was saying in this thread.

Good Advice

So to your knowledge does the ATF review MA eFA10's occasionally ?

TTBOMK, BATFE never sees eFA-10s. FRB and the AG's office does get to see them however. But I've been told that the AG is concentrating on reviewing dealer submittals (this info is a year or so old at this point).

Len, this probably has been suggested to you before, but here goes...

There are many Web Sites that have an "Ask a Plumber", "Ask a Mechanic", etc features where people pay an expert for expert advice.

You generously give advice galore here on NES.

Maybe one of those sites could put a few dollars in your pocket ?

I don't really know squat about how they work, but other members here might.

Just a random thought.

Len, this probably has been suggested to you before, but here goes...

There are many Web Sites that have an "Ask a Plumber", "Ask a Mechanic", etc features where people pay an expert for expert advice.

You generously give advice galore here on NES.

Maybe one of those sites could put a few dollars in your pocket ?

I don't really know squat about how they work, but other members here might.

Just a random thought.
I think that I've seen a few of those sites, and answers but never paid to access them so unsure how it all works. I've never seen an "ask the firearms law expert" site and remember that my expertise is basically Mass gun law, so it is a limited market (and drgrant would call it a "skinflint market").

I paid a visit to an attorney (prior client to my Constable business and current Selectman as well) at her new office space. She has suggested doing my seminar as a webinar. I may have to look into that once I'm totally in NH as I'm getting vibes that I will find it almost impossible to find a teaching location that won't charge me more than what I charge my students. Also I'm unsure how many people would sit thru a 4-5 hr webinar (without interaction of questions, it runs considerably shorter than my normal 6-7 hr seminar).

Thanks for the idea. We'll see how things shake out once I move.

The last of the surplus was in the eastern bloc countries and now that is all bogged down with import restrictions thanks to the EU and conflict in Ukraine. The surplus in Africa, South America, and Asia didn't survive too well because of the humid conditions, UN arms reduction treaties, and wearing out from use in various small wars.

If we get really lucky we might get more Enfields out of Greece on of these days and the caches of Mausers & whatnot from Israel.

I think that I've seen a few of those sites, and answers but never paid to access them so unsure how it all works. I've never seen an "ask the firearms law expert" site and remember that my expertise is basically Mass gun law, so it is a limited market (and drgrant would call it a "skinflint market").

I paid a visit to an attorney (prior client to my Constable business and current Selectman as well) at her new office space. She has suggested doing my seminar as a webinar. I may have to look into that once I'm totally in NH as I'm getting vibes that I will find it almost impossible to find a teaching location that won't charge me more than what I charge my students. Also I'm unsure how many people would sit thru a 4-5 hr webinar (without interaction of questions, it runs considerably shorter than my normal 6-7 hr seminar).

If the Webinar reflected the reduced costs of running it, and if I could access it from time to time (because my memory can be very poor), that is something that would interest me.

A Webinar of that sort would certainly be worth $50 to me.

With maybe even some UPDATES available at a reasonable cost ?

The last of the surplus was in the eastern bloc countries and now that is all bogged down with import restrictions thanks to the EU and conflict in Ukraine. The surplus in Africa, South America, and Asia didn't survive too well because of the humid conditions, UN arms reduction treaties, and wearing out from use in various small wars.

If we get really lucky we might get more Enfields out of Greece on of these days and the caches of Mausers & whatnot from Israel.

Don't forget the mythical cache of Chinese Mausers.

11705085_1.jpg

You know, Len, you have KNOWLEDGE that few of us possess.

That is worth something.

You just need to monetize it.

Somehow....

Also I'm unsure how many people would sit thru a 4-5 hr webinar (without interaction of questions, it runs considerably shorter than my normal 6-7 hr seminar).

You could do it interactively via Webex or similar service. Then they could ask questions via chat box and you can answer them verbally for all. You could even record that and then sell it as via subscription to people who couldn't attend for a reduced fee. Win-win.

I have a different question, maybe Len is the right one to answer but rather than PM, i thought all might want to know. (fyi i am a NH resident but i dont think it matters)

i have a CR renewal and it asks about internet sales, "how many internet sales have you done?"

what constitues an internet sale? GB is obvious. Classifieds on NES with a FTF transaction? is that an internet sale?

what about a different gun forum where the gun is mailed to you after sending money and an 03?

or were both of these transactions where the internet "facilitated" but did not make the sale?

maybe i am overthinking it, but it's a federal form and all

Back
Top Bottom