C&R question.

btnh6668

NES Member
Someone i know has an old rifle that they are selling in state. They let their license lapse so they no longer have a ltc. As a ffl03 do i still need to go through a regular ffl to accept this rifle or do i just log it into my bound book as a private transaction and just do the efa10? Thanks in advance.

Sometimes the best solutions are best left unsaid. That may or may not be the case here.

Sometimes the best solutions are best left unsaid. That may or may not be the case here.

Oh, I wasn't thinking of that... I was genuinely curious though since I have a C&R too, and don't know what the correct way to handle that is. I would assume that as long as the gun is C&R eligible, you could just add it to your book, but I don't see how you could do a FA-10 using the new system. Maybe just use the "registration only" option?

I completely agree.

There are "solutions" that I will not post but discuss in my MA Gun Law Seminars. Somethings are best not leaving a trace on paper or electrons!!

Oh, I wasn't thinking of that... I was genuinely curious though since I have a C&R too, and don't know what the correct way to handle that is. I would assume that as long as the gun is C&R eligible, you could just add it to your book, but I don't see how you could do a FA-10 using the new system. Maybe just use the "registration only" option?

If it were out-of-state, you would be correct. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom