C&R question about ammo purchase

FLHTC

NES Member
I have the C&R info book but I'm really looking for the short answer here.

I have a C&R license, can I legally buy ammo from a dealer who deal with C&R products and have it shipped to mass?

Your C&R license is a federal firearms license that allows you to buy certain old or designated guns across state lines. It has zero to do with ammunition.

C&Rs are not recognized by mass general law as being a real dealer, because they don't have a state license.

Your ability to buy ammo is likely no different than anyone else's, unless their is some oddball distributor that uses it as a qualifier to buy from them for some bizarre reason.

-Mike

Emoto said:
Your C&R license is a federal firearms license that allows you to buy certain old or designated guns across state lines. It has zero to do with ammunition.

The ATF C&R book has a page of C&R ammo listed in there check it out.

I thought with the c&r you can still get rifles? I've been searching most sites and most of the time if they do say some thing about mass they just say stuff about hand guns.

You can buy whatever they are willing to sell you that also qualifies as C&R.

Some will sell, some have restrictions (even though no issues with MGL would exist), and some will sell nothing.

It's up to you to search and NOT post here who will ship to MA (NES rules).

Delta Elite said:
The ATF C&R book has a page of C&R ammo listed in there check it out.

Going to need a more precise citation than that.

According to ATF Publication 5300.4 - Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide 2005, pg. 160, center column, 2nd paragraph:

"Please note that ammunition is no longer classified as curios or relics since the Congress in 1986 removed the interstate controls over ammunition under GCA."

The point being made is that since anyone can now buy ammo across state lines, ammunition is no longer included in the C&R universe. Additionally, if one reviews the sections on "Operations of Licensed Collectors" in the same guide, you will find that it is all about guns and not about ammo.

Back
Top Bottom