C&R purchase delivered. No FFL inside. Seller says can send drivers license (?!?)

headednorth

NES Member
So made a purchase from GB. It was delivered today, I unwrapped it and no copy of FFL inside. I emailed the seller and asked him for a signed copy and he replied he doesnt have an FFL but he can give me a copy of his drivers license. I had sent a signed copy of my FFL03 along with the payment.

Sooo...what do I do? As the buyer am I on the hook for anything? Im going under the assumption that a non-FFL cant ship a firearm out of state to someone. Am I wrong in that assumption or am I just suffering from MA brain? Every purchase Ive ever made with a C&R has been sent with a copy of an FFL 1 or 3.

Sooo...what do I do? As the buyer am I on the hook for anything? Im going under the assumption that a non-FFL cant ship a firearm out of state to someone. Am I wrong in that assumption or am I just suffering from MA brain? Every purchase Ive ever made with a C&R has been sent with a copy of an FFL 1 or 3.

If you are an 03 there's no problem on your end, unwashed people can send you C&R guns no problem, unless an 03 is somehow decrepit in that way, but I don't believe it is. EG, if you have an 03 you can go to (insert free state here) and if some rando has an old luger or something, you just buy it and put it into your books with the sellers information etc.

-Mike

Very good. Thanks all. I guess it was just a little weird to me because they had always come with a copy.

All you need to do is log it into your bound book with his name and address as the seller. That's it.

You ARE a Federally licensed collector. It's no different than selling a gun to an 01FFL. You Don't need a license to sell them your gun.

You don't get a copy of an 01 FFL's license when you buy from them. An 03FFL is no different.

Nice one! They're fun too. Be sure you adust the gas valve so its wide open (letting the most gas escape) and then adjust it down till you get to the sweet spot where it cycles properly.

Does your bolt lock back on an empty mag ok? Some of them have gunk in the little spring loaded pin that holds it open when the mag is empty. Let me know if you need to find it.

Nice one! They're fun too. Be sure you adust the gas valve so its wide open (letting the most gas escape) and then adjust it down till you get to the sweet spot where it cycles properly.

Does your bolt lock back on an empty mag ok? Some of them have gunk in the little spring loaded pin that holds it open when the mag is empty. Let me know if you need to find it.

I havent really played around with it yet but thanks for the heads up. Ill check it out and let you know.

The unwashed can always send firearms to license holders, including 03s. Bound book you record name and address. done.

Some FFLs won't receive from the unwashed either because they think they are not permitted to or for some other less than rational reason.

Tried it a bunch of times this morning and it seems to be working ok so far.

These have been known to slam fire. Chamber a round and then take it out. See if there is a dimple on the primer. If there is you may want to use mil spec primers when you make your ammo.

Just put his name and address on the EFA10, and his driver's license number and address in your blue book.

t
If you do this, you can expect BATF and local PD to knock on your door to jack you up on Fed and state charges for FTF transfer between 2 parties that live in different states. Think about it, to them this is prima fascie evidence of a felony.

No, you put nothing on the eFA10, you simply register it to yourself. The bound book part is correct though.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! My above explanation is why you do it this way and only this way!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom