C&R licensing question for ya

Ok, so I live in Boston but am moving to a "green friendly" town in September. I already have LE connections in the town and from what I understand it wont be too hard for me to finally get the much coveted MG license.

That said, I keep hearing that it really helps if you already have the CR license. So, two questions:

1. Since C&R guns arent really my thing, I would only be getting it in the event that it helps with the MG license. Does anyone know if this is in fact true. If so, do I actually need to buy some C&R guns or is it the fact that i have the license what matters?

2. If the answer to # 1 is yes, how do I go about getting the C&R license?

Thanks,

Joe

If you don't want to buy anything C&R, that's cool. MGL says possession of a C&R is de-facto proof that you're a collector of firearms, and guess what you need to be to get a machine gun license? I got mine just so I could get an MG license, it's $30 well-spent.

EDIT: beaten to it by a few seconds!

Mine took about 60 days because they "lost" one of my forms and only told me when I called THEM. [angry2]

MG license is a different story. Sine the world has gone full-retard, MA licensing delays are worse than ever. I was told 10-12 weeks when I applied last month

Back
Top Bottom