C & R License

Applied with ATF about 6 weeks ago and just received a package of documents in the mail today. It looks to contain everything I need to know about using the license except for the fact there is nothing in the packet that remotely looks like the license itself. Is the license usually sent under separate cover from the information packet or is the ATF screwing with me?

Thanks for the quick responses. My application was returned on the first try due to not providing my social security number[angry] looks like I got it right on the second try. I've been watching the mail carefully so hopefully the license arrives in a day or two. Sucks for my bank account though!

Remember DO NOT sign the original. Make copies and sign them as you need them.

++1. Each unsigned copy you make will become authenticated with your signature.

Keep two folded, unsigned copies in your wallet tucked into the corner. You'll never know when you stop into some rinky-dink shop and find a jewel that qualifies as a C or R.

Photocopied signatures ARE acceptable if you transmit your signed C&R lic over as a fax or copy it as a file and send it along as an attachment in and email. Typically, however, if you are doing a ftf purchase, you would sign the copy tucked into your wallet and give it to the seller for their records.

Do record every single C&R qualified purchase or acquisition immediately.
DO NOT record what you currently own as a C&R even if it qualifies.
DO keep a "bound book" with your acquisitions and disposals with all pertinent info.

Mailed mine in Feb 5 (I think, might have been a week earlier) and also got it returned on Feb 27 for lack of SSN. Sent it back on Feb 28. Six weeks should be next week.

Keep two folded, unsigned copies in your wallet tucked into the corner. You'll never know when you stop into some rinky-dink shop and find a jewel that qualifies as a C or R................

I keep copies in my vehicles, on my phone, in my computer case, online, and a copy in my office at work. I can print or produce one seemingly at will [smile].
I travel a lot so I get to go to gun shops all over the US. And gun shows.

My wife saw the packet and turned to me and said, "What did you do now? Are you in trouble?" I just laughed.

Haha, same story here! My wife isn't all that fond of this hobby anyway, but she thought that getting a package from the ATF couldn't be good!

I am embarrassed to admit that I've had it since last summer and still haven't used it yet.[sad]

Haha, same story here! My wife isn't all that fond of this hobby anyway, but she thought that getting a package from the ATF couldn't be good!

I am embarrassed to admit that I've had it since last summer and still haven't used it yet.[sad]

My poor mailman. I say hello and he looks like he cant get away from me fast enough, lol. UPS guy is cool though.

Before C&R's were popular, SKS's were around $100. Not so much anymore, I burned up my credit card when I first got it 8 years ago.....

Starting to get a bit concerned, it's now about 4 business days beyond the date I received the info packet. Does anyone have a recommended contact number for the ATF for inquiring about a license possibly lost in the mail?

Starting to get a bit concerned, it's now about 4 business days beyond the date I received the info packet. Does anyone have a recommended contact number for the ATF for inquiring about a license possibly lost in the mail?

They are mailed from different offices in different states. There is no formula for when one follows the other. Sometimes days and sometimes a month apart.

what happens if you do

[video]https://youtu.be/JmzuRXLzqKk[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

My wife saw the packet and turned to me and said, "What did you do now? Are you in trouble?" I just laughed.

yeh, the girl at the UPS store raised an eyebrow when she handed it to me....

So... I Mailed 7th of February, CC charged on 13th of February, Got my Certified Mail receipt back some time early/mid March...
Still no packet or license in the mail, is it a good time to call and inquire or do I still have some waiting time to go? New license, not a renewal FYI.

Back
Top Bottom