• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R license

It's fun the first time a long brown box is left on you doorstep. And the second time. And the third. And fourth. Fifth....

Not hard. Fill out the form, get fingerprinted, send in form and money. Notify your CLEO (not ask, NOTIFY).

Buy guns. Be happy.

Not sure about fingerprinting...I got mine this past spring and didn't have to be fingerprinted...maybe it's a Mass thing...it is cool though...ordered a CZ82 and received it three days later, right to my door, just like the old days [smile]

It's easy to get and the small fee you pay for it will be returned in the savings you'll get in purchasing firearms or parts. Midway and Brownells to name a few give a small discount to C&R license holders. It all adds up. That license along with another qualifing membership gives you access to the Civilian Markmanship Program, aka CMP. Then you have to buy an M1 Garand and some ammo. Besides it's fun to see the Fed-ex truck show up with your first Mosin Nagant, becasue every C&R holder has got to get one of them first. I did. [grin]

My license just came in the mail last friday which sucks with rent due this week. Have to wait now to order something. I'm itching for another tokarev pistol or if i can find a rifle chambered in the same.

I applied in January, called last week and they said "another 60-90 days." Fantastic.

I mostly want mine so's I can get my machine gun license

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Not sure about fingerprinting...I got mine this past spring and didn't have to be fingerprinted...maybe it's a Mass thing...it is cool though...ordered a CZ82 and received it three days later, right to my door, just like the old days [smile]

No fingerprinting needed - just a certification form confirming you are who you say you are

No fingerprinting needed - just a certification form confirming you are who you say you are

Argh. You and timbo are right. Way back when I applied, they sent fingerprint cards with my application packet. So I filled them out. Just went a-researching and apparently they have been doing this for ages. They got me [sad]

Applied for mine in June 2012, approved at end of October 2012. Never received License, had to call in January 2013. Real fun conversation, let me assure you. Got license in hand a week later, and then the BATFE package of documentation and regulation a week after that. Been on a buying spree ever since.

Has anyone found that having a C&R on file with a vendor made any difference in bringing them around to shipping ammo or reloading components to MA?

Of course, not looking for specifics or names; just a Yes/No response.

I submitted my app last week. Should I be concerned that my LTC Class A expires in June? Will ATF see that they are issuing right as my state is expiring?

I submitted my app last week. Should I be concerned that my LTC Class A expires in June? Will ATF see that they are issuing right as my state is expiring?

There is no connection between the two.

People with no Firearms License at all in MA can get a C&R. But the only advantage then is maybe a discount on Sporting Good supplies from Brownell, Midway, etc. The C&R is not a way around MA Laws at all.

Not hard. Fill out the form, get fingerprinted, send in form and money. Notify your CLEO (not ask, NOTIFY).

Buy guns. Be happy.

EDIT: Read the whole thread before trying to be first to respond.

C&R is nice to have, especially if you use it...I need my tax return, then I'll get some use out of it!

I have searched Gun Forums across the country.

Currently the majority of C&R Applicants are receiving their Licenses 6 weeks after the ATF cashes their check / charges their Credit Card.

Does this mean you can buy an 1911 that is at least 50 years old? By old I mean actually manufactured old, and not just old by model and design.

Does this mean you can buy an 1911 that is at least 50 years old? By old I mean actually manufactured old, and not just old by model and design.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE - I AM NOT A LAWYER

In the Free States I do believe, as a C&R, you could have that item shipped right to your door. It's certainly ok with the ATF.

And as a 1911 is not an assault weapon, it's probably ok in MA as well.

Last edited:
Has anyone found that having a C&R on file with a vendor made any difference in bringing them around to shipping ammo or reloading components to MA?

Of course, not looking for specifics or names; just a Yes/No response.

No.

Can you buy a Class 3 c&r with just a c&r or do you still go through the NFA process for example buying a STG 44

No, NFA and "green card" are still required.

Yes.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE - I AM NOT A LAWYER

In the Free States I do believe, as a C&R, you could have that item shipped right to your door. It's certainly ok with the ATF.

And as a 1911 is not an assault weapon, it's probably ok in MA as well.

AW has nothing to do with it if it is 50 yrs old, it is grandfathered and perfectly legal to buy and possess if you have the proper class LTC. Of course, most non-MA vendors won't ship it to MA even if it is 50+ years old . . . scared of Martha!

Back
Top Bottom