C&R license question

mac1911

NES Member
Recieved license jan 22. with license they stated I would recieve another package? When and what should I exspect? Also can I make a purchase with out
this package. Can I use a temp binder before I recieve the official?

I think the binder you mention is the bound book. You don't receive a bound book. You are responsible for getting (or making) one yourself, which is simple. The additional package is all the books and reference material that pertain to the C&R license. You can absolutely make a purchase without that package, just make sure that you make photocopies of the license and sign the COPIES, not the original. Leave the original blank.

There is a very long thread on all things C&R. If you sift through all the posts, you should find some links to great resources, including templates to make your own bound book.

I have heard many good things about HK enterprise "kit" Many say it is very good for the beginner? Comes with other info includeing a CR eligable roster?

Their web site has been under reconstruction for some time, called and get busy signal? Should I just get a log from brownells/midway?

If it helps in the milsurp section I posted a zip file with an excel file that has all of the updated lists of C+R guns issued by the ATF. It helps make searching to see if a gun is C+R eligible much easier.

Also you can buy the "official" bound book at MidwayUSA.

This "official" bound book from Brownells is a dealer bound book, and while undoubtedly close enough for C&R records, it does not actually conform to the correct format required by the regulations for collectors. That's why I made my own instead of buying the Brownells one.

This "official" bound book from Brownells is a dealer bound book, and while undoubtedly close enough for C&R records, it does not actually conform to the correct format required by the regulations for collectors. That's why I made my own instead of buying the Brownells one.

yup and when I checked last, the book was about $3 and the shipping was more than twice that. So I made my own.

Actually, it does. The reciept section is identical. If you're referring to the disposition section, the date and name part are the same, and the one big box is actually split by dotted lines into three smaller boxes for the DOB, DL number, and transfer to aliens box, with the three columns there properly annotated above the box that an 01 would use.

I don't know, it looks exactly the same as your sheet.

All the columns are there and properly marked. The only thing different is the extraneous column for the NICS number.

Well as far as the Record book, I went with a vendor in california. I called and left a message. They called me Sat afternoon as I was stuck in boston 93s traffic. Comeing home from another store picking up my Stripped AR lower[smile]. She was very helpful. The C&R package comes with a C&R log book a personal log book. A seperate quideline and fact sheet for Massachusetts C&R
I was very please with this phone call. Very informative. They are not just a printing company selling log books, they also help people get their license FFL,C&R ect ect. This came as a highly recomended package. Especially for the beginer C&R. I was then told, if you do fill your C&R book, you can then decide if a home made 3 ring binder is for you.

Back
Top Bottom