• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R license expired

So my C&R expired cause I'm an idiot and forgot to send in the paperwork. Do I need to do anything special to renew now? I've never done any thing with it, so I don't have any purchase or sale records to submit. I'm guessing I just reapply like a first timer?

curious about this too. i'm considering letting mine lapse but not sure if you need to do anything special.

IIRC, if you don't renew prior to expiration, you start from scratch . . . they won't treat it as a renewal.

Unsure of the impact of that as they seem to change the forms and what they require every 2 or 3 years, even for renewals.

Did the same thing op did about three years ago. Sent in the renewal about two months late--they turned it around, sent it back accompanied with a new application and had me go through the whole routine all over again. No big deal, just a PIA. And no repercussions, either; new license arrived in good time and no harm done. YMMV, just my experience.

Did the same thing as the OP. Buried the paperwork on my desk, just found it, way too late. Oops. I went to pull down the new form off the ATF site here and the link to the form is busted. Does anybody know of a working link?

Back
Top Bottom