• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R FFL Question

Shane

Banned
I quote:

Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)
NOTE: THE PERSON CERTIFYING TO CITIZENSHIP MUST COMPLETE THIS FORM

Does this mean I can't fill this form out myself? Or can I?

Does it need to be notarized at my town hall or something?

Also, I notice that the CLEO of my locality gets some type of notification.

Must I send the portion for the CLEO directly to the police station?

Or do I send the whole packet to the ATF?

CLEO portion is sent directly to your local chief.

I am not sure about the portion your are talking about in the application process. I know I filled my whole application out myself.

I quote:

Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)
NOTE: THE PERSON CERTIFYING TO CITIZENSHIP MUST COMPLETE THIS FORM

Does this mean I can't fill this form out myself? Or can I?

Does it need to be notarized at my town hall or something?

You fill out the US Citizenship certification form yourself. No notary.

OH shit!

It says "Are you in possesion of a valid hunting license or permit lawfully issued in the United States?"

At current, I don't have a hunting license. Could they possibly mean firearms license? Did any of you put down your FID/LTC number?

SHIT!!!

Does this mean I'm going to have to go pay for a god damn hunting course and then hunting license before I can fill out this form!?!?!

IANAL but I believe you do not need a hunting license to get a C&R.

If you ever deceide you want to go hunting, the hunter safety course is free at a munber of locations throughout the state.

I am not 100% positive but I think what you are looking at is the "certification of citizenship" form.

You need to read the directions VERY carefully.

IIRC, you EITHER certify that you are a US Citizen OR (under some very narrow circumstances) a holder of a certain level immigration papers AND a hunting license. Again, read this area of the form very carefully.

You ONLY give your local chief a copy of the C&R FFL form. I redacted the credit card info on the chief's copy (I made his photocopy BEFORE I filled that part in on the BATFE copy).

Nothing needed notarization.

Back
Top Bottom