C&R FFL not recognized by dealer in NH

People living in Maine, regardless of where they live, view their location and farther north as the real Maine and everything south as practically Massachusetts.
Whatever it takes to pretend susan collins isn't a democrat and what's happened to lewiston and portland isn't going to happen to the rest.

Let's not forget many NES members DEMAND a NH resident have a gun license when doing a private transaction.
Common f***ing sense! If you don't personally know the buyer, you are an idiot to sell to them without some "proof" that they are not a PP. Don't have a CC Permit, no problem, transaction will be done at an FFL. Ignorantly sell to a PP, and if the gun is misused, get ready for the lawsuits! Due diligence, my friend.

A friend of mine just gave me a call he had just left Shooters Outpost in NH and told me that he asked about using a C&R to buy a Luger that was a C&R gun.

They told him that their business doesn't recognize C&R FFL's. I asked him if it a C&R from anywhere or just from Mass as he had told me he mentioned to them that he is from Mass. They also said they will not ship to a Mass dealer as I had mentioned that he could have it shipped to Carl and pick it up their with his C&R. But he said they won't ship either.

I have never heard of anything like that, especially about the C&R. I guess it is a private business and can make their own rules.
I tried the same thing at this store with a c&r item, and got the same response. Refused to ship to a dealer either. It was a pity because the prices there are pretty good on certain firearms.

Common f***ing sense! If you don't personally know the buyer, you are an idiot to sell to them without some "proof" that they are not a PP. Don't have a CC Permit, no problem, transaction will be done at an FFL. Ignorantly sell to a PP, and if the gun is misused, get ready for the lawsuits! Due diligence, my friend.
[horse]

Remember when Maura sent a nastygram to one of the NH fireworks shops because they were allegedly advertising to MA residents?

The fireworks place told her to EABOD

People living in Maine, regardless of where they live, view their location and farther north as the real Maine and everything south as practically Massachusetts.
they weren't wrong until collins and the fed decided you can't have areas like minnesota or maine free from "global" problems

Isn't it amazing that in this thread we are discussing how a person who owns a gun shop in New Hampshire, who "Supposedly" believes in the Constitution and the rule of law, ignores both, creates his own rules and laws. Then we have folks here that kiss his A$$ and assist him in making excuses.

Isn't it amazing that in this thread we are discussing how a person who owns a gun shop in New Hampshire, who "Supposedly" believes in the Constitution and the rule of law, ignores both, creates his own rules and laws. Then we have folks here that kiss his A$$ and assist him in making excuses.
No one is kissing his ass, people are just saying it's his decision. These people were equally in support of when people tried to make bakery owners make them 6.5 creedmoor celebration cakes. I've not sold to an MA person before because I was highly confident that if they got in trouble with stupid state laws, they'd try to find a way to make it my headache too.

No one is kissing his ass, people are just saying it's his decision. These people were equally in support of when people tried to make bakery owners make them 6.5 creedmoor celebration cakes. I've not sold to an MA person before because I was highly confident that if they got in trouble with stupid state laws, they'd try to find a way to make it my headache too.
You are a prime example of what I posted. When I have posted in the past, "Trust no one" it appears that you fall into the category.

You are a prime example of what I posted. When I have posted in the past, "Trust no one" it appears that you fall into the category.
If you don't like MA laws, move. Freedom comes with the freedom to turn away customers. I've also laughed in the face of someone when he pulled up with a communism sticker on his car -- I wouldn't even sell him overpriced snap caps.

If you don't like MA laws, move. Freedom comes with the freedom to turn away customers. I've also laughed in the face of someone when he pulled up with a communism sticker on his car -- I wouldn't even sell him overpriced snap caps.
Sonny, I did "EIGHTEEN" Years ago. You are quite correct. That also means that we can vote with our wallets. So where is your shop and what is the name on the shop? You have been running your keyboard, now be really accountable.

Sonny, I did "EIGHTEEN" Years ago. You are quite correct. That also means that we can vote with our wallets. So where is your shop and what is the name on the shop? You have been running your keyboard, now be really accountable.
It's odd how confrontational you are. If anyone is "running their keyboard", it's you. You think it's obscene for a shop owner to not want to deal with the equivalent of a drunk that gets in a car crash and then tries to blame the bar for over-serving him.

You think you're being a good American, but really you're pissed off that someone is exercising his freedom to conduct business as he pleases. I thought you'd get the hint when I brought up a joke version of a bakery owner being forced by the government to make a wedding cake for gays, but you were just looking for the notification so you could bleat what you thought was patriotic tough guy shit. If the customer doesn't like it, he should just pick another store. It sounds like Shooters Outpost didn't think it was worth their time or the annoyance, which is fine. It's NH. Drive 20 minutes in any direction and you'll run into a different store.

I don't purchase guns or gun parts with any plan of making money. I don't need to run a shop to do this. Informal markets and exchanges like the firearms classified portion of this site are more important to the 2a than a Brick and Mortar or website that facilitates dropshipping.

Also, I'm not defending shooters outpost. They're overpriced and seem to cater to the crowd that buys a cheap revolver or AR-15, one box of ammo, and jams it in their closet, never to be seen again until the buyer dies and their kids get annoyed that they found yet another chore left behind by their parents.

you don't like improperly made beef jerky, $20 boxes of 9, keymod grips, and chinese flashlights?
Don't forget about the tee shirts, bumper stickers, and books.

Those things don't irritate me too much, they're impulse buy things if you see something you really like, but what always got to me when I was going was I'm expecting a good variety of guns, older and new, and instead it was like every time it was the cheapest current production stuff like Savage Axis, Charter Arms, 10/22's. More insulting was the one or two sellers who had rusty H&R top breaks with a $300 price tag on them, which even now you can get non rusted ones from gunbroker for $200.

Then when the pistol brace rule allowed them to be shouldered a few weeks after Trump was inaugurated braced AR's were on every table.

Everyone talked smack about them, but they did alright by me. Yeah, some things were high - but some were less than Shooters down the road. I'd hit both and compare prices (and inventory). I think they helped to keep Shooters in check, price wise.
Yep I would always stop there too. No questions about LTC or license either.

Back
Top Bottom