• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R FFL holder selling to a Non-C&R holder

I'm interested in selling a mil-surp I have It is currently logged in my bound book. I did an FA-10 and logged it into the book when I bought it early this year.

Have a non-FFL holder interested, but I believe I need to log it out of my bound book? So I'd need to record their name and address in my BB?

Whats the proper procedure to sell this? Can it be done FTF or is an 01FFL better?

ETA: it's an in-state sale

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Do it FTF, get a signed statement saying he can legally own, and log it out of your book, recording his name and contact info (current address is fine)

Not sure how FA-10/MA state law plays into it, but that's the gist of your federal C&R dispossession requirements.

C&r requires a license number if he holds an LTC-A? Logged in the bound book?

I know I have to do the FA-10. Is there any sort of other paperwork people typically do?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2012-title27-vol3/pdf/CFR-2012-title27-vol3-part478-subpartH.pdf

The "disposition" side of the required A&D record must contain:
- Date
- Name and address or name and license No.
- Date of birth if non-licensee
- Driver's license No. or other identification if non-licensee
- For transfers to aliens, documentation used to establish residency.

It is irrelevant what kind of state license the transferee has; if he doesn't hold some class of FFL, he is a non-licensee. To transfer to a non-licensee, see the required columns in your bound book.

Back
Top Bottom