C&R clarification

Gent's good morning.

Did a search on the forums and just when I thought I had the understanding of it, I'd read another post and get somewhat confused.

I have several C&R pistols that have just been sitting in my safe for 2+ years, not really going to shoot them and could be better off in someone else's collection.

I was thinking about putting them up on GunBroker.

Whereas I purchased them as an 03FFL, I'm not necessarily looking for every option in the book, just the easiest way for me to sell and not violate some misunderstood part of a 03FFL vs the mgl.

What i was intending on doing was selling and transferring only to an out of state 01FFL, while sending a copy of my 03 along and then registering on the Ma Portal using the 01FFL information as the buyer. That way it won't look as if it was sold to some private individual out of state? Potentially a pain in the ass for a buyer but I would just like to clear these guns out the quickly, legally and safely. Am I on the right train of thought here.

Thanks.

You can't do an eFA-10 for an out of state sale. It would only go in your bound book.

The only way you could do an eFA-10 was if you used a MA dealer to ship them and then you would to a transfer to dealer on the portal and in your bound book it would be a transfer to that same dealer, not the buyer. You'd use the dealer's MA license number in the portal and his FFL license number in the book.

Just ship them. MA doesn't care if they leave the state. Keep a copy of the buyer's FFL, the bill of sale with the S/N, and log it into your bound book; if the gun gets used in a crime down the line, those are your proofs that you no longer own the sucker.

Are you trying to get them "INTO" someone else's "name" or simply trying to transfer them legally and not get in hot water?

Buying on an 03 is not a promise you'll keep the guns forever, it's just a promise that you aren't operating an under-the-table retail operation to get around the rules.

Selling a couple of guns you don't love anymore is in scope for an 03.

Just transfer to individuals in state or any ffl in or out of state, log it so and forget it. efa10 if to an in state individual.

Is your FFL 03 current
MA LTC current
Then sell them Face to Face to someone in Mass.
PM me and give me a chance at first to refuse buying them.

Unless your thinking Gun Broker will yield you best return.

Is your FFL 03 current
MA LTC current
Then sell them Face to Face to someone in Mass.
PM me and give me a chance at first to refuse buying them.

Unless your thinking Gun Broker will yield you best return.

I think he listed them in this forum not long ago?

Back
Top Bottom