C&R Address change?

I submitted this about 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Does anyone have a contact at the ATF I can call to check and see if they actually received my form?

Thanks
-Mike

I've submitted Change of Address forms twice in the past 3 years and didn't hear back either time. I'm not sure that it is normal practice for them to send confirmations of any kind, although I'm no expert on the subject; just speaking from experience.

They're supposed to send you a new license with the new address. You need to call them and check on it ASAP.

They're supposed to send you a new license with the new address. You need to call them and check on it ASAP.

I agree. The gun can only be sent to the address on your FFL. So, unless you have a new address or are really good friends with the people who live at your old address, you will not be able to have any guns shipped to your house.

Yep I've done a change of address once since getting my C&R. I waited weeks after sending it, then called in to see if they'd received it. 2 days later it was in my mailbox. o_0

I did an address change once when I moved into the new house...funny thing was is I sent in the address change a few months before I had to renew,I of course think thats cool I can do this in one shot.

Go figure the .gov wanted to make sure they got thier money and sent me a renewal 6 weeks after they sent me a new one with an address change.

Why didnt I wait? Because like every other addiction not having it on hand could of burned me on something I wanted lol.

I called today, the 1st lady said they didn't receive my form (Of course...) but it might be with the registrar? She transferred me to someone who is out of the office until Wednesday. I hate the government... They can't do anything right.

I submitted what I thought was the right change of address paperwork and waited and waited then nothing. Then I called them, turns out all you have to do is fax them a short note with the new address, attach our old C&R license, and two weeks later it showed up - *poof*

Call them for a direct answer. Never expect any update or any follow throuhg on there end. Its up to you to manage the change of address.

Called back today, transferred again to a voice mail box and left another message. I guess I'll just start calling every two hours and leave a message. This is exactly what I expect from the government and I find it incredible people want to keep expanding it.

Called again and this time I have a name and number. She has gone for the day already, I asked what her hours are so I can start calling as soon as she comes in and I was told they vary.

Love it! Tax dollars at work!

I will throw my thoughts into the mix. Could it simply be anti-gun obstruction? We have a very anti-gun administration who is very willing to use any means necessary to work against guns. Just look at the Fast and Furious program. They were willing to let weapons pass into criminal hands and then let those guns go into a foreign country to promote the narrative of the new anti-assault weapon laws they wanted to promote. And when that blew up in their faces, some of the laws they wanted to pass, were instituted via an executive order in direct violation of the Constitution.

When I had a C&R I always found the ATF efficient, timely and helpful. It is curious that now we are hearing they no longer are.

I called 3 more times on Friday and just got voice mail. Monday I will try again and if I still get voicemail I will go back to the phone tree operator and ask for a Supervisor. Sigh... How does this prevent illegals from buying guns again?

Called again and this time I have a name and number. She has gone for the day already, I asked what her hours are so I can start calling as soon as she comes in and I was told they vary.

Love it! Tax dollars at work!

Just wondering if you ever got this resolved. I called today and the person I spoke with stated they never received my address change I mailed in the beginning of June. The examiner they transferred me to has a full voicemail box and when I recalled the service rep told me there was nothing they could do.

Matt,

I'm got a call back yesterday from someone who deals with Mass and said I needed to talk to someone who deals with NH since that is where I moved. She transferred me over to another voicemail box and was saying the same story about not getting my form. Call back and ask for the person that deals with Maine, get the name and number and just keep calling. If I don't get it resolved by next week I'll download another form and overnight it with certified return receipt which I should have done the 1st time.

Ridiculous yet totally what I expect in dealing with the government.

Last edited:
I called and left another message this morning and 10 min later I get a call back on my work phone even though I left my cell phone number. "Did you just call?" I explain my story and she looks it up and says they didn't receive the form.

She says I can email it to her if I fill it out so I ask her if she can email it to me. "No, but I can tell you how to find it in google". Then she says "Hold on a second" and I hear her go through some papers. "Oh, here it is. Sorry, these aren't priority for us and sometimes bla bla bla" I told her I read online that others have had the same issues with C&R address changes and they call and are told the form was never received. She sounds like I'm talking blasphemy and then she says I didn't fill the form out correctly anyway so I need to send her a new one but I can email it. (Bullshit, I triple checked it)

So I fill out the form again and emailed it off right away to her, now I'll see if that fixes it. No response yet....

FYI if someone is reading this in the future. The contact info for the person responsible for NH at he ATF is:

Debra
304-616-4605

Back
Top Bottom