C&H Precision optics

allen-1

NES Member

C&H is a local shop for me, they're about fifteen minutes from my house. I met the owner and his son at a local USPSA match a couple years ago, and have had 3 slides milled by them. I was surpised to find out that they're more than just a local shop - they've got a good national reputation.

Anyhow, I'm on their mailing list, and got an email the other day - they're going to make their own red dots.

I don't need another one right now, but something I'm going to keep an eye on.

Are they actually making them? My assumption is that they are bringing them in from China.
My assumption is that yes they are. I’ve seen their backroom, through doors opening as people moved around, they’ve got equipment in house to do machining.

That being said - I don’t know, i only think. And nothing on their site says so either way.

My assumption is that yes they are. I’ve seen their backroom, through doors opening as people moved around, they’ve got equipment in house to do machining.

That being said - I don’t know, i only think. And nothing on their site says so either way.

I think if they were made in the US, it would be all over their website, don't ya think? It would be like the only other optic maker in the US besides Trijicon?

They do great work on slides, sent one out there some months ago and got it back pretty quick.

C&H is a local shop for me, they're about fifteen minutes from my house. I met the owner and his son at a local USPSA match a couple years ago, and have had 3 slides milled by them. I was surpised to find out that they're more than just a local shop - they've got a good national reputation.

Anyhow, I'm on their mailing list, and got an email the other day - they're going to make their own red dots.

I don't need another one right now, but something I'm going to keep an eye on.
if you know them - dunno - to set price level at $485 - considering wide availability of holosun... only trijicon can afford to do something like that and still have sales.
it does look like an SRO, but i think i saw an SRO on sale for about of $450.

they should cut $200 off the prices across the board.

If they can do some of the stuff Holosun is doing (innovating) and do it on American soil with good quality (I’ve purchased their plates before they’re excellent) I will pay more to buy American.

I have some trijicon but wtf guys maybe try innovating a bit.

View: https://twitter.com/topshotdustin/status/1615879631214907397?s=46&t=IIqmsiIfcZK-imQwPIfazw

worth to add a part that matters:
Holosun hasn't finalized the designs and features of these optics, but we're told the DMS-NV should be priced under $1,000. That's impressive considering an AEMS red dot is nearly half that without the extra optical system on top. As for the thermal DMS-TH, there will be a standard model available for approximately $1,600 and a premium, higher-resolution model available for about $2,300.

for $2300 it better have in it a real 640x flir sensor, and have at least some magnification.

If they can do some of the stuff Holosun is doing (innovating) and do it on American soil with good quality (I’ve purchased their plates before they’re excellent) I will pay more to buy American.

I have some trijicon but wtf guys maybe try innovating a bit.

View: https://twitter.com/topshotdustin/status/1615879631214907397?s=46&t=IIqmsiIfcZK-imQwPIfazw

Everyone says "innovating" ... but I just looked at the OP link and don't see anything new.

I will not judge and say they are good or junk, I have no experience there. But what is the innovation they describe?

The Holosun, that is cool stuff. Will wait for gen 2 or 3 and some reviews of people hunting with them.

Could be a good hog sight out to 100 yards or less.

Last edited:
Everyone says "innovating" ... but I just looked at the OP link and don't see anything new.

I will not judge and say they sre good or junk, I have no experience there. But what is the innovation they describe?

The Holosun, that is cool stuff. Will wait for gen 2 or 3 and some reviews of people hunting with them.

Could be a good hog sight out to 100 yards or less.

I know I typed that out before checking out the link, after which I was like “oh cool an SRO clone and the same red dot other companies are putting out”

I get trying to get a slice of the red dot pie, especially given they make some of the best plates out there but come on, holosun is kicking everyone’s ass in terms of creating new exciting stuff.

Trijicon can’t even put a battery tray on an rmr meanwhile holosun dropping thermal on a red dot. Wtf.

ETA - that thing is f****** cool and I might even nut up for a gen 1 depending on price. If it’s under $1K as @paul73 reported seems worth a shot to me

If it’s under $1K as @paul73 reported seems worth a shot to me
a real thermal is $1600 model - under $1k will be a photo sensor stuff. similar to what other companies do.
a real thermal means a real licensed flir sensor, usually. but, we will see.

i like it very much too, for what it is based on the shown prototype. it is exactly a kind of thing that i was thinking to get, eventually, for thermal.
and if it would also do a switchable 1x-3x it would be just perfect. but even if not and stuck at 1x - still probably will be enough.

ETA - that thing is f****** cool and I might even nut up for a gen 1 depending on price. If it’s under $1K as @paul73 reported seems worth a shot to me
I will wait until someone shows it in the wild.

I want to see what animals look like at night and during the day around plants and trees.

I also want to see if a hot barrel affects it in any way.

Right now it just looked like a phone camera filter.

Back
Top Bottom