• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bypassing normal process

Please email your reps .. they are trying to railroad bills through in CT just like they did in NY.

Members of the legislature,

I have heard that any legislation put forward relating to gun violence prevention will now go through an emergency bill and will bypass all the usual legislative committees and public hearings and get signed right into law.

The only “emergency” here is the trampling of our rights.

Despite the horror in our backyard on Dec. 14th, crimes committed with AR-15s and other rifles are almost nonexistent. There is no reason or need to bypass the proper legislative process that Americans hold dear. If this is TRULY about Sandy Hook and crime prevention, there is also no reason not to at the very least wait until the State Police have finished their investigation and released those findings to the public.

I already sent Williams an email. Writing him an old-fashioned letter tomorrow. Hopefully it does some good, seeing on how I live in his district.

Not that I'd ever consider voting for him, but still!

A reply I got from Williams. Thanks for answering my questions. I also had a friend email Don (we both live in his district), got the same copy/paste email. Time to start ringing the phones. We'll see if my letter gets responded to.

____

Dear Kyle,

Thank you for your email.

We continue to be saddened by the horrific shootings at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, and we will learn more in the coming weeks. We cannot, however, let this tragedy pass without working for and accomplishing change.

I am pleased that Democrats and Republicans will work together on the recently announced Special Bipartisan Task Force on Gun Violence Prevention and Children's Safety to draft a bipartisan plan to reduce violence, improve school security, and address access to mental health services. The task force met last Friday for the first time and established three working groups, each of which will hold a public hearing, to be scheduled in the coming weeks. In addition, the full task force will also hold a public hearing in Newtown on January 30th. I will keep your thoughts in mind as this task force's work gets underway.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

Don

Donald E. Williams, Jr.
State Senator, 29th District

how can they talk about emergency legislation, when by their lack of emergency action they speak volumes. No temporary police guards at all schools. No national guard with empty rifles stationed. Not even a gramma block watcher assigned. what are they waiting for? a copy cat to kill more kids? Instead the local cops are sleeping at their regular hides, the middletown state police headquarters is being manned by multitudes of paper pushers earning combat pay, and returning veterans cant find jobs.

Back
Top Bottom