• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bye Bye Evans

Dude could definitely use a sandwich and a bowl of soup.

Yeah? Well send him round I will warm him up a can...

Pyk2LLd.jpg

:emoji_tiger:

That's not even the bad section of Mattapan.

No Man's Land begins just after that left hand turn for Morton Street, if you are heading inbound.

Further down, The Point of No Return begins once Blue Hill Ave turns from 2-1 lanes, by where Seaver street splits off.

ever hear Evans say this? I think Gross is putting the blame where it belongs.

"Gross, who blasted the daylight shooting in a densely populated neighborhood as “unacceptable,” said the incident doesn’t appear to be random and stressed that the judicial system “needs to be held accountable” for putting dangerous criminals back on the streets with stay away orders or GPS monitoring bracelets."

“Cold hard facts, there are too many guns on the streets,” Gross said, adding, “Anybody that commits senseless acts of violence and shootings, they have to be arrested, that’s it. If they can’t be rehabilitated … they need to be locked up. We are sick and tired of when we make an arrest … it’s someone’s third or fourth firearms arrest.”

When asked to expand on his criticism of judges issuing violent criminals stay away orders and ordering them to wear ankle bracelets, Gross said that approach simply doesn’t work.

“Three officers dead, several other people dead, yes, judges have to be more accountable,” Gross said. “If we’re all supposed to be held accountable, then let’s all be accountable … Everybody in the village has to be held accountable, I’m not afraid to say that.”

"Gross, who blasted the daylight shooting in a densely populated neighborhood as “unacceptable,” said the incident doesn’t appear to be random and stressed that the judicial system “needs to be held accountable” for putting dangerous criminals back on the streets with stay away orders or GPS monitoring bracelets."

“Cold hard facts, there are too many guns on the streets,” Gross said, adding, “Anybody that commits senseless acts of violence and shootings, they have to be arrested, that’s it. If they can’t be rehabilitated … they need to be locked up. We are sick and tired of when we make an arrest … it’s someone’s third or fourth firearms arrest.”

When asked to expand on his criticism of judges issuing violent criminals stay away orders and ordering them to wear ankle bracelets, Gross said that approach simply doesn’t work.

“Three officers dead, several other people dead, yes, judges have to be more accountable,” Gross said. “If we’re all supposed to be held accountable, then let’s all be accountable … Everybody in the village has to be held accountable, I’m not afraid to say that.”

There is nothing in that statement that is untrue. I just wish he had slipped in "... there are too many illegal guns on the streets".

There is nothing in that statement that is untrue. I just wish he had slipped in "... there are too many illegal guns on the streets".

I agree. But you know Mahty cannot be happy with as much as was said. The truth isn't always politically correct especially when the politically correct climate is corrupt.

Hopefully he becomes more bold and actually mentions the illegally posessed guns in future interviews.

I agree. But you know Mahty cannot be happy with as much as was said. The truth isn't always politically correct especially when the politically correct climate is corrupt.

Hopefully he becomes more bold and actually mentions the illegally posessed guns in future interviews.

Well the former drunk has two choices:
A) Continue down the same path as years prior and hope for changes.
or
B) Lets let Gross do something different and gauge the results.

My guess is Gross will be told to shut up and toe the line.

My guess is Gross will be told to shut up and toe the line.

A white Irish Mayor telling the first minority Police Commissioner that they can't say what they want about minority on minority crime may not go over so well politically. Gross may be able to take advantage of that bully pulpit to say or do effective things policy wise that otherwise couldn't be done.

A white Irish Mayor telling the first minority Police Commissioner that they can't say what they want about minority on minority crime may not go over so well politically. Gross may be able to take advantage of that bully pulpit to say or do effective things policy wise that otherwise couldn't be done.

That would require a.) balls and b.) the backing of the unions. Guaranteed he won't have b, and a is always questionable in a BPD commissioner.

That would require a.) balls and b.) the backing of the unions. Guaranteed he won't have b, and a is always questionable in a BPD commissioner.
I wouldn't be so sure about "b.)", he seems to be well respected by the troops. And my personal opinion is that the "boots on the street" would like to see the revolving door stop revolving so that they can do their job and feel that they have accomplished something useful in making their community safer.

Watching Commissioner Gross give a press conference regarding the missing woman, who was found safe, after being kidnapped.
I must say, he is well spoken, and can think on his feet. You can actually understand what he is saying.
Evans speaking was like fingernails on chalkboard.

Gross is a drama queen. Likes sound of own voice. I would be remiss. We were able to discern. Blah blah blah. Just spit it out. We don’t need to hear twenty times how all the po po worked so well together. That is their job. It seems they need constant patting on their back and positive reinforcement constantly. With their silly buzz cuts.

But yes better than Evans. Thanks.

The man loves his crutch phrases, but I guess that trying to use big words unnecessarily is just traditional cop-speak. Or is it "pig latin?" :D

Still better than Evans.

Gross has spent some time in public speaking for sure. He was clear in the message without a TelePrompTer

As for repeating himself when was the last time the media didn’t ask a question that was just spit out in a news conference?

I did not expect a good outcome from that missing young lady. I’m glad I was wrong.

He didn’t reveal much, but I actually made it through his time on TV. I wouldn’t have made it 30 seconds with skeletor

If the damn jurists would close the revolving door, maybe we might not need so many laws or police?

Back
Top Bottom