Buying Pre 7/20/2016 lower, Help please

Im buying a pre Healy AR lower purchased new before 7/20/2016. that was never built into a gun. does the lower need to have been FA10 originaly or will a original dated sales receipt be enough. IM buying from someone in MA. FTF sale.

Naw was at the gun show today. Been out of the loop for a while. Should of bought one years ago. I just see many pre healy lowers that were bought right before the ban and many were fa10. Didn't know if there was a reason for doing it. I'm paying a ton of money for a lower just want to be able to comply with the crazy laws when gun is built so I don't have any issues

As above mentioned, you EFA10 a firearm once it is capable of firing. There are multiple information fields (caliber, barrel length, etc.) that you will not be able to fill with only a lower and therefore wouldn't be able to complete the EFA10. Your build must be compliant with the Mass AWB as written in the MGL's.

Many lowers for sale on this forum and others sites say they were registered when bought. Why would they do that? No caliber or barrel length known yet.

Ok thanks for the help. So i just need to get a sales receipt from when the lower was originally purchased to prove the date was before 7/20/2016?

Naw was at the gun show today. Been out of the loop for a while. Should of bought one years ago. I just see many pre healy lowers that were bought right before the ban and many were fa10. Didn't know if there was a reason for doing it. I'm paying a ton of money for a lower just want to be able to comply with the crazy laws when gun is built so I don't have any issues

LMAO.... just bear a few things in mind:

-You're doing this based on a fairytale "guidance" vomit bullshit memo laid out by the AG, which can change in 10 seconds.

-The guy selling you the lower can easily fake a pre 7/20/16 FA-10 or a sales receipt, and you have absolutely no way of proving whether the guy is lying to you or not.

-In this environment it is incredibly easy to defraud people, because you have people that are gullible enough to believe that "pre healey" is an ActualThing(tm) worth paying extra
for, and it's also trivially easy to trick the buyer into believing that your "thing" is pre 7/16, while at the same time making it very difficult for the buyer to disprove the seller's claim.

Someone asked me "mike why would anyone do that?" my answer is "because it's incredibly easy and profitable.... buys an old sandy hook panic lower for $50-100 and then can easily flip it for $300 or more just by 10 minutes of doctoring paperwork.... think about it, if you were a scumbag, would you do a little bit of work to make a $200-300 or more profit?" "But isn't that illegal?" "Depending on how they do it, yes.... but something being illegal never stopped an opportunist. "

If you're actually in full blown, fear of own shadow, pant shitting hysterics about this situation and refuse to believe otherwise I would tell you to ignore the entire "pre healey" raft of bullshit and just go Pre Ban- at least those lowers/guns often have provenance sources (like the manufacturer serial number lists) that would allow you to PROVE when it was made, not to mention they are incontrovertibly exempt from the law as described in the actual MA AW ban, and on top of that, even healeys stupid f***ing edict actually admits this, too. This is why MA dealers move pre 9/13/94 lowers or guns without hesitation.

-Mike

For the money you're paying for the lower + the cost to finish your build - you could be pretty close to the price of an actual preban AR(pre 94). Then you can run collapsible stocks, flash hiders, unpinned muzzle brakes, bayonets.

Thanks for your help. I been searching for weeks and still confused a little. The difference in price is large around $1,500. Most real prebans I have seen are whole guns not lowers. I would only use the lower and buy everything else to make it the way I want it. It's still a lot cheaper to pony up and pay big for a prehealy lower as you can't buy any other lowers in Mass nobody sells them or will ship them to you.

as you can't buy any other lowers in Mass nobody sells them or will ship them to you.
See posts 106 and 118....

Maybe just get a non-AR? (SCAR, Tavor, etc..etc...). Might end up being cheaper in the end.

Back
Top Bottom