• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying online process question

JRT

NES Member
Hey FFLs and board smart guys, is the scenario described below legal on paper? If it is legal, I understand I would need to get the approval from CGW.
  1. Buy CZ 97B in .45ACP off Gunbroker
  2. Have Gunbroker listing FFL send CZ 97B to Cajun Gun Works for 10mm conversion kit
  3. CGW completes work and sends the pistol to my FFL for transfer to me on a 4473
I realize I'm just saving myself a couple of shipping charges, its not really the money but the time.

I have not, this is a good point. I figured CGW is the key to the process. I will call the shop now.

You'll want to talk to three FFLs:

(1) Seller
(2) CGW
(3) Your local, in-state FFL

CGW should ask you where you want the gun shipped after the work; you'll specify your local FFL and do the 4473 there with CGW as the "seller" to you, considering FFL (1) transferred the gun to CGW.

You'll want to talk to three FFLs:

(1) Seller
(2) CGW
(3) Your local, in-state FFL

CGW should ask you where you want the gun shipped after the work; you'll specify your local FFL and do the 4473 there with CGW as the "seller" to you, considering FFL (1) transferred the gun to CGW.
I'm good with my local FFL, he's an old-timer in my neighborhood. He gives me a scan of his FFL so I can use it anytime without asking him to supply it every time.

Back
Top Bottom