• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying new unapproved gun in Mass FTF

Hi,

I am new to this form and still a bit uneducated in mass gun laws. I only just received my LTC-A yesterday.
I am looking to buy a gun from a fellow forum member. He says that he was able to purchase the gun new through an FFL through his job. My concern is that the gun is only a couple months old I wouldn't want it to look like it was purchased for me. Is there a legal time the gun must be held before it is sold?

(this bit is only hypothetical, I have no reason for suspicion, I am just curious)
I am also wondering the law for a purchaser of a gun that was some how brought into the state illegally. If all the paper work was filled out FTF could the state go after the buyer? the seller? or both? Could the buyer loose the gun and the money, or worse?

Thanks for your help.

Unless it is a new AR-15 or AK-47 pistol, there are NO illegal handguns in MA.

"Approved handguns" ONLY applies to "purveyors of handguns" . . . English translation is "MA Dealers"!

And all liability falls on the "purveyors of handguns", NOT the buyer.

Buy and enjoy the gun.

Welcome to the forum and gun ownership.

Hi Shooters. My question: I have a Mass LTC and own handguns and rifles. My mother lives in Las Vegas and owns a Ruger LCP 2 (not on approved Mass gun roster). She wants to give me the gun. Is there any way for her to transfer to his gun to me in Mass? Your input is appreciated. Larry

Or you could find someone with dual residence who's tired of one of his guns he bought in, say, Vermont. Not that I know anyone like that. Anymore.

Hi Shooters. My question: I have a Mass LTC and own handguns and rifles. My mother lives in Las Vegas and owns a Ruger LCP 2 (not on approved Mass gun roster). She wants to give me the gun. Is there any way for her to transfer to his gun to me in Mass? Your input is appreciated. Larry

There is a way (legal) but I cannot and will not post it publicly...As Ed mentioned, you'll need to find the right dealer...

Back
Top Bottom