Buying In Quantity - Any Red Flags?

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
I plan on making the rounds later this month or early next to some of our local gun shops (any recommendations within reasonable distance from the Worcester area would be very welcome) to get my wife and myself started. A carry gun for each of us, holsters, shotgun, rifle and maybe one or two more if we can swing it financially, plus several boxes of rounds for each. I'm just wondering if we buy everything at once do we run the risk of sending any red flags up & having to answer questions? Are we better off buying from one dealer if possible & are we likely to save money that way? We're not collectors or anything, just buying half a dozen quality firearms that we plan on keeping a long time. Thanks!

Last edited:
Multiple Handgun Sales Reports. Federal law requires FFLs to report to the
Attorney General (AG) whenever they transfer more than one handgun (pistol or revolver)
to any nonlicensee within five consecutive business days.10 The FFL must also forward
this information to either the state police or local law enforcement agency that has
jurisdiction in the area where the transfer occurred.11 Furthermore, except for information
pertaining to persons prohibited from possessing firearms, federal law prohibits state or
local law enforcement agencies from disclosing those records to any person or entity, and
requires those records be destroyed within 20 days of receipt, so that those records cannot
be used as a registry of firearms or firearms owners.12 At the end of every six-month
period, the state or local law enforcement agency is required to certify to the AG that the
record nondisclosure and destruction requirements were complied with.

My suggestions would be...
First defense in Uxbridge.. Tite Group and Callaghan's in Marl-bobo.

But do your self a favor and take the ride to Woburn and hit four seasons first..
Then buy one gun each that you like, and learn to shoot it well.

The FFL will fill out a form and send it to ATF if you buy more than one handgun in that 5 day period. Since each of you is buying only one handgun apiece, assuming you keep them on separate 4473s for each of you, there is no issue.

I spoke to someone with TX as a residency who works in NH 90% of the year who wanted to buy 7 pistols at once... the ATF came interviewed him and the store and the sale went through.

Where there is a will...there is a way...

I have a friend that bought five pistols. He got a call from the ATF.

He told them that if he wanted to do something, he would have bought them in Mattapan out of the back of a truck. And he got them because he wanted them to add to his collection. I belive he said that because I know him...he says that type of stuff to people.

Anyway, he said that when he did, they said fine and hung up. Haven't heard a word from them since.

I plan on making the rounds later this month or early next to some of our local gun shops (any recommendations within reasonable distance from the Worcester area would be very welcome) to get my wife and myself started. A carry gun for each of us, holsters, shotgun, rifle and maybe one or two more if we can swing it financially, plus several boxes of rounds for each. I'm just wondering if we buy everything at once do we run the risk of sending any red flags up & having to answer questions? Are we better off buying from one dealer if possible & are we likely to save money that way? We're not collectors or anything, just buying half a dozen quality firearms that we plan on keeping a long time. Thanks!

I bought 2 handguns in the same transaction once. Never heard a peep.

I was pretty nervous about this when I first got my license, as I had bought 6 guns in a little over a month or so. Thought for sure I had black helicopters over my house. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom