Buying Folding Stock Online & Frustrations

Hi all, I have a few questions and wanted to vent a little on my situation: I recently picked up a mossberg 500 w/ pistol grip and decided to put a top folding stock on it. I thought I did my homework, and know that I can put one on a pump-action shotgun since it's not part of the AWB. I purchased one from a popular online accessories store a week ago and just received an email saying they had to cancel my order because they said: "...we have contacted some local dealers in MA and we have found that any stock that is folding or telescoping stock is not legal." Okay, I guess this statement makes sense because you can't have one on an AR or semi-auto shotty. But I had specifically ordered an Advance Technologies folding stock because it fits only a few pump-action models (please correct me if I'm wrong on this). Obviously I'm not going to call them and complain about this not being right, since it's ultimately their decision on who they want to sell what to, but my questions are: -Is it legal to purchase a top folding stock for a pump-action shotgun from an online store and ship to MA? -And more importantly, does anyone know where I can get one (via online, or store in NE mass), and PM me the info please? As per usual with threads in this mass laws forum, I'm going to end by saying how stupid and annoying some regulations are in this state and threaten to move to NH. Thanks for reading!

Is it legal to purchase a top folding stock for a pump-action shotgun from an online store and ship to MA?

It's completely legal to purchase any stock you want. Stocks are not a controlled item. Once you attach the stock onto something, (assuming you live in MA or some other ban state) you will need to make sure you are AWB compliant, and as you already know a tube fed pump action shotgun is not an issue under the MA AWB.

Try another online retailer, they are not all that stupid.

I'll take a WAG at the vendor.... Sportsmansguide? [laugh]

I'm sure they're not the only jerkoffs that aren't sending perfectly legal stuff
into MA, though.

-Mike

And a member here is a dealer for Blackhawk (Knoxx SpecOps). Located in Braintree IIRC. I put the recoil-reducing puppy on my Rem 870 . . . no felt recoil shooting slugs (1600fps IIRC).
I put the NRS on my 835, los of felt recoil shooting 3.5" turkey loads [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom