Buying ammo in NH

Mossy Oak

Banned
Can a Massachusetts firearms license holder buy rifle ammunition in New Hampshire, and bring it back into Massachusetts?

yes, happens all the time.

The Wally World in Salem asks for ID about 50% of the time. Show them your MA permit. For the last month their ammo is moved out of view because someone broke a glass door in the secure display, so avoid it like the clap.

Any real gun shop I have ever walked into I was able to purchase ammo without question. Remember in NH you can buy a handgun with hi-cAps by showing your NH drivers license and filling out a form. It's a different (read BETTER) world here.

Yes, some border stores will ask for your drivers licese, if you show them a MA one they'll ask for your LTC. If I were you, show them it at a distance and if they don't sell to you tell them you'll buy from elsewhere.

Back in the mid 90's, I was in NH with my cousin (who is a resident of NH) and we went to get some .44 mag ammo at a Wal-Mart. He was only 20 at the time and the clerk wouldn't sell him a 50 round box because he wasn't old enough to buy a handgun, and that was handgun ammo. My cousin said it was for use in a Ruger 44 Carbine. The clerk still refused, but said he could only sell him the 20 round box because that was rifle ammo. (?) This guy was totally clueless, but you have to expect that sometimes, because after all, he *is* working at a Wal-Mart.

How big is the price difference between Massachusetts and New Hampshire for a simple 50 pack of handgun ammo? Or a case of .308 or 5.56?

How big is the price difference between Massachusetts and New Hampshire for a simple 50 pack of handgun ammo? Or a case of .308 or 5.56?

From postings I've seen on numerous forums, Wal-Mart ammo pricing is the same across at least the lower 48.

Dealers vary even if they are a few miles from each other, so I doubt that there is any easy way to answer your question.

From postings I've seen on numerous forums, Wal-Mart ammo pricing is the same across at least the lower 48.

Dealers vary even if they are a few miles from each other, so I doubt that there is any easy way to answer your question.

Thanks. I'm definitely going to go to Riley's in Hooksett next time in that area. I've heard their prices are pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom