Buying Ammo in ME with a Mass LTC?

Going up to Maine this wknd. Do I need a permit to buy ammo in Maine? I have a MA LTC A. If I can, can anyone recommend any good places on my drive up to Camden area?

Thanks!

You not even have to show a DL. Depending on what kind of ammo you are looking for you can try Walmart. Their selection is not great and it is hit or miss a to what they have, but the prices are usually good. Or you coud look in the yellow pages for a local FLL and buy from someone who will be able to answer any questions you might have. If you are looking for bulk 223 or 7.62x39 you can look up G3 in Turner, Maine. It will be out of your way but he carries bulk if you are looking for cases.

While Cabela has by now every caliber in stock, you might want to check with the gun store where ever you visit in our nice state and get a better price on most things including ammo.

Are the prices that much better in ME? I just picked up some .40 S&W Federal ammo for $13.99 a box at Collectors in Stoneham MA.

You don't need an LTC to buy ammo outside of MA, with the exception of NH Walmarts, but that isn't something stipulated by law. In 99% of the US, you need nothing more than to be over 18 (or 21 for "handgun" ammo) to buy ammo.

-Mike

Get off at Scarborough, eat at Famous Dave's BBQ and go to Cabela's. They are in the same parking lot.

Hopefully it's better than the one in Manchester NH. The staff was friendly but the food was best described as "Blah.". I've had FAR better ribs at Longhorn, and even Texas Roadhouse.

-Mike

Hopefully it's better than the one in Manchester NH. The staff was friendly but the food was best described as "Blah.". I've had FAR better ribs at Longhorn, and even Texas Roadhouse.

-Mike

I have to agree the last trip I took down there I ate there and was very disappointed.

You don't need an LTC to buy ammo outside of MA, with the exception of NH Walmarts, but that isn't something stipulated by law. In 99% of the US, you need nothing more than to be over 18 (or 21 for "handgun" ammo) to buy ammo.

-Mike

Really? I was going to ask if I could buy some ammo in NH with my MA LTC on a thread. Im up in NH,VT, and ME all the time on work and might have to start popping into shops more often.

Really? I was going to ask if I could buy some ammo in NH with my MA LTC on a thread. Im up in NH,VT, and ME all the time on work and might have to start popping into shops more often.

Yes, really. In the free world no license is required to purchase ammo.

Heck, for cheap 9mm range ammo, just go to Four Seasons either before or after your trip. Last time I was there, they had aluminum-cased Blazer for $9.99 a box.

Back
Top Bottom