• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying ammo in MA but live in NH

I would like to buy some ammo at the Dick's down in Danvers but live in NH. Am I able to buy ammo in NH without a MA ID card?

Thanks,
JR

You can't do this, not even with a nonres MA LTC. "Simons Rock" blocks this. (no sales of ammo to nonresidents)

Not sure why you would want to, anyways. The ammo prices in MA are generally garbage, then you have to pay 6.25% tax on top of it.

-Mike

well that clears it all up. I was going to try to get some of the Remington gun club shells while they are on sale and there aren't any Dicks in NH. Guess I will just stick with the Federal bulk shells at Walmart...

There's a dicks in Portsmouth.
Make sure you bring 2 forms of ID, your car registration, and a piss sample though; they like to make up their own rules in the firearms department. At least that was my experience when I tried to buy a rifle they had on sale a while back.

much better prices north of the border. look into online ordering. they may not ship to mass but will to NH. sometimes I get ammo delivered to the house cheaper than picking it up (depending on the caliber).

I've been in the Dick's in Concord, NH. Never bought anything there, but it's just down the street from where the gun shows are held.

I suggest you go to their website and use their store locater to find any stores North of the Border, there might be more.

Well, I didn't know there was a Dick's other than in Concord. When I type in my zipcode the only one that had come up was in Concord. When I chose by state it did list the other two. I will have to give the one in Portsmouth a try next time I head out to the coast. I was just going to be down in Danvers and remembered they had a Dick's there.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies. I wish they would put a dicks in southern NH like Nashua or even Manchester...

Well, I didn't know there was a Dick's other than in Concord. When I type in my zipcode the only one that had come up was in Concord. When I chose by state it did list the other two. I will have to give the one in Portsmouth a try next time I head out to the coast. I was just going to be down in Danvers and remembered they had a Dick's there.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies. I wish they would put a dicks in southern NH like Nashua or even Manchester...

There's one being built in the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua right now.

There's one being built in the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua right now.

Well that is awesome news. I haven't shopped at one for a while, but they do have great sales on ammo quite often by the looks of it...I will have to keep an eye on them for their grand opening.

Back
Top Bottom