buying a NH lifetime hunting/fishing license next week...

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
What with the hunting/fishing et al license fee increases across the board starting next year, I've decided to buy a lifetime combo license...at 59 years old it will cost just over $300....if I live to 65, it will pay for itself. Of course, that's a big IF. [laugh]

I just bought a lifetime hunting for the same reason.I don't fish much.

I do mostly fishing, I guess because at least one fishing season or another is always open, year round. I don't always hunt (like this year I probably won't get a chance) but I always buy it to keep it current and on the off chance I get a chance to get out with the rifle or shotgun, I don't have to buy it.

If I knew I was going to retire in NH I'd already have one as well.

One of the reasons I held off buying mine until this year. My wife and I finally decided to hang out here for the rest of our years...all my kids and grandkids are all scattered around NH. We were considering heading out to AZ but decided it was too much of an upset to move.

I have one for Maine from when I grew up there, it's been a great item. Paid for itself many times over since I've been a non-resident. It allows you to buy tags and enter lotteries as a resident.

Not sure if the NH one acts the same way if you move or not but the Maine one is great.

I was told (not by anyone official) that if you move out of state its still good.

I went by F&G this afternoon and plunked my $$$ down for the combo license...I asked the lady behind the counter if a person moved away and came back to visit NH if it would still be good. She said yes....not that I plan on moving away.

New Hampshire Residents-only lifetime licenses available:
  • Lifetime Fishing License
  • Lifetime Hunting License
  • Combination Lifetime Fishing and Hunting Licenses
  • Archery*
  • Muzzleloader*
  • Deer crossbow*

The way I read it is that the above are the only life time's available. Anything above that would need to be purchased separately every year...

New Hampshire Residents-only lifetime licenses available:
  • Lifetime Fishing License
  • Lifetime Hunting License
  • Combination Lifetime Fishing and Hunting Licenses
  • Archery*
  • Muzzleloader*
  • Deer crossbow*

The way I read it is that the above are the only life time's available. Anything above that would need to be purchased separately every year...

That's what my understanding was too.

Lifetime Hunting and Combination Hunting & Fishing Licenses include the bear license.

Once you start adding other options it starts to add up quickly. At 37 it would cost me $1,144. Assuming I'd be here for another 20 years that's $57.20 a year and currently it cost $56 it just buy it normally.

I don't think there is any real savings in the long run if you buy it as an adult. If I have kids, I am definitely going to get the new-born lifetime at $300.

Didn't know about the newborn law. thats cool! My kids are already 9 and 7 and wont be NH residents till early next year... :-(

Back
Top Bottom