• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying a gun off a friend from out of state

I have a friend in AZ who owns a revolver. It's not worth much and I want to take it off his hands, but I'm not sure how I go about actually buying it from him. Can he box it up and ship it to my FFL? Thanks in advance!

Just check with thee FFL to make sure they'll take a firearm from an individual. Some won't.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

If your preferred FFL won't accept from an individual, your friend would go to an AZ FFL and have them ship it to your FFL. Or you can find an FFL that will accept from an individual

Make sure your FFL will transfer it to you. If it's not on the list, it could be a problem. I wanted to ship in an old (1930s) Colt revolver, and was told it was a no-go! It was never "registered" in MA. [thinking]

use an FFL to ship because they could use USPS, as an a non ffl shipper you have to use fedex or ups hyper expensive next day bullshit, for me it was cheaper using the ffl, mine charges 20

I know an FFL in Lee who would likely do it. Bear Arms is the name of his business. He is currently a kitchen table FFL but I believe he at least wants to put everything in the garage to keep it out of the kitchen lol.

Transfers are $20.

Jim is the name of the owner. He is a nice guy.

Linky: http://beararmsfirearms.com/default.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom