Buying a Gun in Switzerland

SteelShooter

NES Member
The Liberals are always saying we should be more like Switzerland, maybe I agree with them!

They have forbidden weapons - they deem a silencer and a slingshot the same category. To get the forbidden weapon you need to fill out TWO pieces of paper!

i've been to some gun shops in switzerland. they have some pretty cool selections. my understanding is that firearm ownership for swiss citizens is easy although carry outside the home is all but completely prohibited. i haven't confirmed this but had multiple swiss people essentially describe the same situation. after finishing their service requirements they are allowed to keep their issued rifle, which probably helps contribute to their overwhelming nationalism (of course per the lefties nationalism is an evil).

That would be great to be able to buy a brand new full auto for probably only a bit more than a semi. I wonder what the price would be for a full auto H&K?

Not a fan of the waiting period for standard firearms. Wouldn't mind waiting 2 weeks for something full auto.

Slingshots????!!! How many more, Mr. Speaker??!! How many more!! Those damned Swede bureaucrats!

Man, i wish the rating system was still around so i could neg you.

“That’s an interesting name. What is it?”
“Swiss.”
“Oh really? Do you speak Swedish.”
“No” <clickity-boom>

R

Man, i wish the rating system was still around so i could neg you.

“That’s an interesting name. What is it?”
“Swiss.”
“Oh really? Do you speak Swedish.”
“No” <clickity-boom>

R

There's a bit more sanity wrt a gun is a gun......but they have a registration.....

And there are special storage requirements, especially for full auto weapons.

i've been to some gun shops in switzerland. they have some pretty cool selections. my understanding is that firearm ownership for swiss citizens is easy although carry outside the home is all but completely prohibited. i haven't confirmed this but had multiple swiss people essentially describe the same situation. after finishing their service requirements they are allowed to keep their issued rifle, which probably helps contribute to their overwhelming nationalism (of course per the lefties nationalism is an evil).

They do have a carry permit, but you must show a need and pass additional tests.

[...]
After finishing their service requirements they are allowed to keep their issued rifle, which probably helps contribute to their overwhelming nationalism (of course per the lefties nationalism is an evil).

Majority don’t bother to keep their service rifle and doing so has little to do with their nationalism.

Service itself certainly does and I think you probably meant that. It’s more accurate to say “used to contribute to a sense of nationalism” though. Before widespread travel, more leisure time, tv, etc., etc., etc. the Army was the one time in your life you were likely to mix with folk from the other parts of Switzerland. It’s only in the last generation or two that people are likely to move much more than a few towns away from where they grew up.

R

Honestly doesn't seem that much different from how we buy shit here. The difference being that the Swiss apparently process paperwork a lot faster and don't have a closed machine gun registry.

Back
Top Bottom