• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buyers Remorse, Guns you NEVER should have bought

One of my Norinco SKS' is actually such a good shooter that I added a Choate sniper style stock and have a side mount drill and tap scope mount for it. Incredibly accurate and reliable, plus it was only $160.[smile] I've got one that I left stock too and that one shoots great also.
I don't have any guns that I regret buying. Even ones i've sold have been a little hard to part with. Than again I don't have many pistols. Something that I see a lot of regret buys in this thread.

Ruger MKII. Sorry, but wasting 3 hours of your life taking a gun apart
is not fun. I ran it for awhile and then sold the thing... it shot perfectly
well, but the cleaning issue was a dealbreaker. A friend of mine has a Mark III.
He's stripped it down and put it back together three times. Each time he's done it I've been
able to clean 4 or 5 guns in the amount of time it takes him to get that thing apart and put it back
together. After watching him struggle with it I've resolved internally never to buy one again. Any
pistol requiring a HAMMER to field strip/reassemble is broken by design. One time I even
brought my MKII to a smith to have them clean it.... even someone EXPERIENCED took at least 10
minutes farting around with it to get it back together properly.

The only consolation on those things is you can cheat like mad by taking the grips off and
using gun scrubber, and that gets out 95% of the gunk. Then just relube and go. This
seemed to work fine most of the time.... but I got sick of having to use GS and a bucket... and
overall it -still- took longer than the others.

S+W 642. The gun worked fine, but the point of aim was very nonintuitive, I basically would
have to cock my wrist in a funny manner to get the gun to shoot straight. I found that no
matter what I did, at 10 feet I was constantly waffling the shots... so I got rid of it. I
might be willing to try one again if I could get it with a different set of sights or something.

Ruger 77/17. Mostly because the caliber ended up being lackluster
after the novelty wore off. The whole thing was an impulse buy on
my part... Basically .17 HMR is worthless unless you're actually gunning
down varmints with it. It makes a nice 100 yard group, if the wind isnt
blowing... but big deal... I can do that with my .308!

-Mike

Last edited:
jshooter said:
Both of the Sigs I have owned. 220 and a 245. I shot both of them poorly so I dumped them. I recently tried the 220 again and was sure I made the right decision.

on the other hand:
Martlet said:
That's the biggest problem. I much prefer the 1911 over it. But, as I stated earlier, my first choice would be my Sig P220. I'd take that into combat over the other two any day.

I always liked the 220 as far as a big gun goes. That and the Ruger P90. I don't have either, but have (mostly) nothing but good about them both.

Coyote33 said:
I always liked the 220 as far as a big gun goes. That and the Ruger P90. I don't have either, but have (mostly) nothing but good about them both.
Here's something bad about the P90: It's butt-ugly. The only thing uglier than a P90 is a Glock (any Glock; they all look alike to me!).

But the good part about the P90... rock-solid reliable. I love mine. Heck, I almost didn't get it back from Nickle's son-in-law when he tried it out up at Ripton! [grin]

Last edited:
I dunno. It seems like a fair amount of people don't like Ruger Mark models.

I know it's a pain in the ass to clean, but for how often I shoot it, how well I shoot it and how much I love my Ruger- it's worth it.

You're forgiven. Actually they both get along really well.

I did remember my piece of buyer's remorse.

Helwan pistol. Good thing I got a good enough deal.

shghelwanpop.jpg

I always buy the wrong guns.

I bought a Mitchell High Standard when they first came out. I thought I was upgrading from a Ruger Mark 2. the gun never worked. The company sent me a bunch of magazines that eventually made it work, but by then I didn't want it.

I had a Colt 2000 that wouldn't feed no matter what was done with it. I couldn't even get anybody to take it in a trade.

My latest "got-rid-of" was a Glock 22. The trigger. I polished everything and changed and fitted all sorts of connectors and spring combinations. And now I will never own another of those safe - stress – whatever, grotesque type trigger guns.

I have an AW-93. It's real nice. Perfect even. In my opinion there are really only Olympic style target, 1911 and cowboy. But then again I'm easily distracted by anything shiny.

While I'm not saying I don't have a "least favorite" or one I wouldn't mind parting with, I think Sinatra said it best when it comes to buying guns:

"...regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention." [wink]

Besides, I live in Mass. and have had guns long enough to regret all the guns I should've bought more than any that I did. [crying]

This was a while ago but I wanted a Luger..Mitchell came out with a SS job..Thought that a new gun would be better than a fifty year old job..Boy was I mistaken..Thing spent more time back and forth to Texas than in my posesion..Never did work right and swapped it and a few bucks for a Colt 1991..Yes I took a beating on that deal but I still have and shoot that Colt..

Back
Top Bottom