Buyer or Seller?

Personally, I like the trip. Meandering through Massachusetts to buy/sell/trade with other Gun Lovers is nearly as fun as shooting...

IGun Culture...

1600821827706.png

If you're 'speeding' through a Gun sale with another NES-member... you're doing it wrong...

The seller did not give you feedback. Your "Score blocks" show all zeros. Feedback score is critical to show others "You mean business, and follow through with transactions"
Consider a PM and ask him/her to update your Feedback Score... Or, not.

I also give positive feedback points on Karma and freebies over the years because, If they say they are going to do something... and do, that tells others that they are "On the Level"...

I forgot to give feedback right away (I did give it), and he doesn't look like a very active user aside from selling, but could be worth asking

It helps. Some won't even look at you unless you have some feedback...

And don't buy from these guys:
They're Strawmen...
1600822518679.png

Last edited:
The seller did not give you feedback. Your "Score blocks" show all zeros. Feedback score is critical to show others "You mean business, and follow through with transactions"

I also give positive feedback points on Karma and freebies over the years because, If they say they are going to do something... and do, that tells others that they are "On the Level"...

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left feedback, whether as buyer or seller, and wasn’t provided feedback in return. It does bother me when people who spend time on here weekly can’t take a minute or two to tell others I’m good to transact with.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left feedback, whether as buyer or seller, and wasn’t provided feedback in return. It does bother me when people who spend time on here weekly can’t take a minute or two to tell others I’m good to transact with.
Yeah, I'd be closer to 50 by now...

You could always ask that it's part of the 'deal'... whether they do it or not, who knows...

I will look at a members rcvd and given feedback. It should be 1:1 but usually isn't due to someone's laziness. If their given is more than their rcvd, I figure them to be good to go.

I don't mind traveling a reasonable distance whether the seller or buyer. The one negative feedback I received was due to a seller backing out when I complained that the location he told me that the FFL he wanted to meet at was Central Mass and >60 miles away and not Metro-West area that he advertised the deal. Even though I complained to him, I was still willing to do the deal but he backed out at that point. So, just be upfront and reasonable.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left feedback, whether as buyer or seller, and wasn’t provided feedback in return.
yeah, it happens. i've never had it happen to me but a lot of times, if i don't know the other guy in the deal, i'll shoot off a "hi, i just left you a positive feedback and hope you'll do the same for me if so inclined" p.m. that works i'm guessing for the folks who may be sluggish with feedback. [laugh]

if i'm buying i go to the sellers location, i expect anyone buying from me to come to me. i was selling something recently and a potential buyer wanted me to bring it to him on the south shore. a big resounding "f*** you" told him that wasn't happening.
This reminds me of a recent funny "demand" to a for sale item I posted on Facebook Marketplace. I was selling a large flat-panel TV and stand. I got one response for $10 more than my listed sale price and DEMANDED that I deliver it to Medford! 1. I don't own a truck, my CR-V probably wouldn't hold both of them in one trip. 2. I'm not a delivery service and I'm not driving 30 miles each way to sell the thing. End of that buyer.

Your view would change if you've had buyer no shows.
The no shows I've had were for items I was giving away, not selling. I've had a few people back out with what seemed like a reasonable excuse (not going to neg them for it).

True. I don't hound people for feedback but try to give it for buyers, sellers, Karma donors, etc. Some folks just don't do it, as I've found out here and on ARfcom.

Good point.

Maybe I’m just immune.
Sold a Bentley Turbo R (not mine but work related) to a guy from Chicago for cash in my kitchen. There was not a drawer or cabinet without a loaded gun in it.
Wife still mentions it some 15 years later. She never told me she was freaked out until the deal was done.

I’m still pissed off I let the guy use the Mass gen/wht plate in mint condition to drive it back. The SOB cut the plate around the screws and sent it back to me. I hope the other 3 brake corners seized and cost him 5 K per corner that was just done at FMW.

I was going to transfer that plate to me. So rare.

I enjoy the drive when I'm buying a new gun. It's a mini-adventure for me. When I sell, I... Who am I kidding? I never sell.

Pretty much this. Also, with the wife at home all the time now, day trips to new and different places are enjoyable, especially when ammo and firearms are to be had!
I also factor in that I have very limited availability; mornings on 2 specific days only. This means I feel compelled to do some leg work. If I could say “yeah, meet me ‘here’ whenever works for you” I might feel differently.

In my limited experiences, most people on here are reasonable and accommodating.

I've traveled to buy and to sell. No hesitation. Sometimes I've met people in the middle etc. Or near where they live. Rarely, near where I live. Or often, meet someone at a gun shop.

with the products that I build and sell, when we deliver, its paid by the customer. If they dont want to pay, they can come pick it up.

As the buyer I expect to travel. When I'm selling that depends. I try and work with the other person so it works out OK for both of us. My one solid fast rule is that unless I know you I don't want you coming to my house. I live 2 miles from the Woburn Sportsmens so I like to meet there. If a firearm is involved it gives us the chance to pop a few rounds through it should either one of us want to.

I've bought and sold guns, ammo, accessories, etc. I've done deals at my house and theirs, both buying and selling. I've met at malls (once bought a gun across the street from Burlington mall), parking lots, once bought a 22 Derringer and a paper bag (literally) of ammo sitting on the steps in front of an ice cream parlor in Concord, sold a pair of rifles in the parking lot of a federal courthouse on the weekend... That guy was an ass hat, wanted to negotiate down on the spot. I've sent PayPal money to folks before they shipped and had folks ship to me while waiting for my check to arrive in the mail... No two deals have EVER been the same.

So it depends on what both folks are comfortable with. I've traded for guns that ads said "no trades", I've had items shipped that said "no shipping". I've been lucky, aside from the one jackass above I've never had a no show, one time I was even able to schedule 3 deals in 3 towns in one day, they all went off w/o a hitch:)

Ha! As a seller I don't travel unless it's "convenient" for me. How many times have you been stood up when you were supposed to meet a buyer somewhere? No freaking way am I wasting my time and gas for someone I don't know if they will show up. Now, if I "know" you or I am headed that way anyway to do something else, I will travel.

If I'm selling I'm generally going to have to drive enough to not have someone come to my house, so 10 min at least. How much further would depend on exactly how much selling it then and there means to me. If you live 3 hrs away and I'm only going to make a few bucks (actual profit over investment) or maybe break even on something I don't want any more, I'll see you at the Bi-Lo parking lot 10 min from my house.

Back
Top Bottom