• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buy my next gun

Let me preface this by saying I need nothing utilitarian. I have all defensive/sporting needs covered, and now just buy for fun reasons. For some background, I'm mainly into military/tactical style weapons although I have been known to stray into revolvers and the like. I'm fully open to NFA firearms as options as well. Here's some ideas I've been toying around with.

Played with a Desert Eagle .50AE in Brushed Chrome today at stateline, still playing with it mentally.

Coach gun, sawed off down to the handguard and stock shaped into birds beak pistol grip

STG 44 gsg .22 clone, also saw one today and am in awe as it's pretty much my all time favorite machine gun.

RDIAS (this will take some convincing of my better half)

GSG .22 1911

As you can see, my options are kind of varied. I'm in the middle of buying a house and getting hung out to dry with expenditures, so it'll be a little bit, but I'd like to get excited about a new gun so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm lacking vision lately, feel free to help.

I like the STG 44 idea... but why waste the money on a .22? that's inventors would roll in their graves.

If you got the money to even mention a 50AE DE... shit... either do that or get a 50BMG just in the event you need to stop a vehicle if SHTF ;)

Having a desert eagle somewhere in the back of my safe I would say - don't bother with that. You'll have a lot more fun with a .22.

Let me preface this by saying I need nothing utilitarian. I have all defensive/sporting needs covered, and now just buy for fun reasons. For some background, I'm mainly into military/tactical style weapons although I have been known to stray into revolvers and the like. I'm fully open to NFA firearms as options as well. Here's some ideas I've been toying around with.

Played with a Desert Eagle .50AE in Brushed Chrome today at stateline, still playing with it mentally.

Coach gun, sawed off down to the handguard and stock shaped into birds beak pistol grip

STG 44 gsg .22 clone, also saw one today and am in awe as it's pretty much my all time favorite machine gun.

RDIAS (this will take some convincing of my better half)

GSG .22 1911

As you can see, my options are kind of varied. I'm in the middle of buying a house and getting hung out to dry with expenditures, so it'll be a little bit, but I'd like to get excited about a new gun so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm lacking vision lately, feel free to help.

Go with the RDIAS sear and buy a lot of ammo. It is the only thing that is going to be worth serious coin in the future because of there rarity. I could be wrong but I can imagine anyone ever getting bored of a full auto.
504_shrugging.gif
I would think out every idea fully before buying something. Good luck chief

M14 - all tricked out.

RDIAS sounds fun and all, but honestly in the long run, I can't imagine spending that kind of money on it, especially when you consider how expensive it is to shoot the thing. When I went to basic we had M16A1s in full auto - those things eat a 30 round mag in about 2 seconds (literally).

Personally, for the $7000-$8000 you'd be investing, I'd reather get an M14, enough ammo to last you the rest of your life and another gun as well.

Get the grizzle win mag.

It's a .50 ae style 1911...
If you don't like it and live it in mass sell it to me . It's one gun I just want to have lol...

Go with the .22 stg I so want one of them too.

Send it!

Like I said, the budget is not really a huge issue. I've got 4000 dollar guns and i've got 200 dollar guns. I'm in no rush to buy anything, just like to plan ahead.

Any interest in sub guns? Much cheaper to feed than an AR with a RDAS and a lot more fun than an AR with a .22 conversion.
Uzi? MP5?

I've got a M11/9 with a lage upper on it and it gives me a major case of the giggles every time I shoot it.

Max11.jpg

Re the Desert Eagle, go gold or go home. Its an outrageous gun, you might as well take it to the highest level.

GetDynamicImage.aspx

Last edited:

For some reason this scene has been on loop in my mind all day and now I see it here.

I say go for the desert eagle. Aside from shooting, it would be cool to see the look on peoples faces when you say you have one. Some will associate it with this scene and the others will think of COD MW.

Last edited by a moderator:
The LAR Grizzly has been on my to buy list for a while now. It is such a gorgeous firearm and is extremely badass. The way the barrel extends from the slide. Drool. Buy one if you can.

I've got both. 9mm upper runs flawlessly. .22 kit is a bit cranky. I don't get good reliability unless I shoot minimags through it with a suppressor. So I suspect I need to clip the spring. If that doesn't solve it, I'll send it into Richard and he'll make it work.

This is my brother in law from Manhattan. I've turned him into a gun nut, something my sister's not thrilled with.

[video=youtube_share;ZnFRHomSlp4]http://youtu.be/ZnFRHomSlp4[/video]

My LAR Griz is a 45 Winmag, and expensive to shoot. And the slide will bite the living daylights out of you hand.

Do you have the max 31 upper or just the max 11 and .22 kit?

Max 11 with a .22 kit. I got it a couple of years ago, before the Max 31 came out. I looked at the Stony Creek upper but thankfully never bought one years ago.
Its nice to see Richard bring that concept to a successful implementation.

Don

This is my brother in law running the .22 kit with a Max 11 upper and a YHM Cobra II 9mm suppressor. btw - the cobra can be taken apart and cleaned. So its a great suppressor to use with .22s also. His stance has much improved since this was taken.

[video=youtube_share;qU1XMqsJQro]http://youtu.be/qU1XMqsJQro[/video]

Last edited:
9inch 300blk w/ suppressor. Has same ballistics as a 16" barrel.

Or the honey badger....

101211od_ausa11137.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd kill for any thing to get the grizzly in .50ae and would sell a lot of junk I have if I could get one in mass ... :( I see them for sale now and then...
I just want one cause it looks so much like a 1911 and every one seems to think about the de when it comes to .50ae...

That being said go big or go home.

yququ6u6.jpg

9a7a3aha.jpg

Or if you like 1911's
yjyjudu2.jpg

2e7eba4u.jpg

Let's see a glock do that!!!!

Send it!

Back
Top Bottom