• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buy gun from 1 store, then transfer to closer store. Both in MA

Might be a stupid question.
Here's the situation.

The Cabela's in Hudson has a gun I want BUT I can't make it out that far.

Can I buy over the phone from Cabela's(if that's even possible)?
Then have them transfer to a closer store near me to pick up?

That should be ok, but why not call your local shop and just have them order one from their distributor.

Might be a stupid question.
Here's the situation.

The Cabela's in Hudson has a gun I want BUT I can't make it out that far.

Can I buy over the phone from Cabela's(if that's even possible)?
Then have them transfer to a closer store near me to pick up?
I've done this a few times.

Having bought a 10-22 @ the hudson Cabela's, the likelihood of getting them to bend from their corporate bullshit is low. If you DO drive there, expect the checkout to take an hour+ at the minimum. The only experience buying a firearm that was worse and took longer than Cabelas's was when I was NICS denied - before the FBI got their heads out of their asses on the appeal 6 months later

Buying a gun at cabelas isn't the headache that some here make it out to be. If you go on a weeknight you can be in and out within 20min or so. I bought a gun there last week and the process took about 15min. The thing that slows the transaction down is their stupid computer system they use for the 4473.

Buying a gun at cabelas isn't the headache that some here make it out to be. If you go on a weeknight you can be in and out within 20min or so. I bought a gun there last week and the process took about 15min. The thing that slows the transaction down is their stupid computer system they use for the 4473.

I'm glad your experience was better than mine, buut mine happened. I got a pager, and that pinged me after 20 miutes, then I got a tablet for the e4473 form. Then another 20 minute wait. Then MIRCS, it ran about 75 minutes. Then 2 different people had to review the SN of the paperwork and the rifle.

I know this isn't helpful but I'm curious what deal is so good to be worth the hassle of dealing with Cabela's, sales tax, shipping (maybe free ship with Cabela's?), and transfer fee.

I know this isn't helpful but I'm curious what deal is so good to be worth the hassle of dealing with Cabela's, sales tax, shipping (maybe free ship with Cabela's?), and transfer fee.
Well if you read the post you'd know it was a sig p320c.

I have spoken to a few LGS about this gun. It seems as though Sig is sending out some shipments pretty soon. If you can wait a few weeks, I would think that you should be able to get one through a LGS.

It seems that Sig is running about 3 months behind. When I ordered my P938 in August I was warned about this and it came in 3 months later to the day. DOB on case was a week before I picked it up.

So that might be the problem with finding what the OP is looking for and instantly leaving a gun shop with the gun.

I have spoken to a few LGS about this gun. It seems as though Sig is sending out some shipments pretty soon. If you can wait a few weeks, I would think that you should be able to get one through a LGS.

It seems that Sig is running about 3 months behind. When I ordered my P938 in August I was warned about this and it came in 3 months later to the day. DOB on case was a week before I picked it up.

So that might be the problem with finding what the OP is looking for and instantly leaving a gun shop with the gun.

That doesn't seem too bad. I remember how hard it was to get the HK VP9 when it came out. I had to reserve mine from The Gun Parlor in Worcester.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help and suggestions.
I got a bite on a used one but still might go the Cabela route depending on things.
The search continues.

On a side note, i finally was able to get through(phone was busy for HOURS) to the Sportsman's Den(Quincy) and they were sold out of the P320C awhile ago.
But i asked what new guns they had, he said the FN FNX 45($699).
Anyone familiar or own the FN FNX 45?

It's only 50 miles.

I see this was already mentioned, but still. I've driven 4 hours to work 1/2 hour and back home again, more than once.
Clearly, the OP doesn't have access to a vehicle or to a ride to/from Berlin. [thinking] Don't they do ZipCars or cheap daily rentals in or around Quincy?

Back
Top Bottom