• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bushmaster Firearms Announces their Official Return to the Industry: ACR to return

Reptile

NES Member
Over the years, Bushmaster Firearms has gained a reputation as a staple in the AR-15 manufacturing community. Bushmaster has gone as far as to become somewhat of a household name when it comes to the iconic AR-15 design and the company recently announced that they are back – standalone. As part of Bushmaster’s return, they plan on resuming production of the ACR and .450 Bushmaster rifle models. As a start, however, Bushmaster will offer variants of the XM15-E2S like the M4 Patrolman’s Carbine and the QRC rifle.

Bushmaster Firearms Announces their Official Return to the Industry​

The company announced its return to the industry, independent of any other ties to firearms manufacturers via a press release on August 3rd, 2021. The press release is posted in full below:

August 2021 {Carson City, NV} – The venerable Bushmaster™ brand has been a household name in firearms for many years. Today we are proud to announce, that Bushmaster™ is back!
The preliminary offerings will focus on variants of the XM15-E2S™ model such as the QRC™ and M4 Patrolman’s™. We look forward to supporting law enforcement, military markets and reestablishing export sales with these items. In the future, we look forward to producing the ACR® and models chambered in 450 Bushmaster™.
Bushmaster Firearms™ is excited to announce our return. We are not an affiliate with any other firearms manufacturing companies. In times to come, our array of products will provide Proven™ perfection to all.
“Bushmaster Firearms™ is proud to be focusing on quality, American made manufacturing, driven by a long history that Bushmaster™ has accompanied. We will be using innovating and improved engineering, advanced materials, as well as the latest technology. It will always be Bushmaster’s™ mission to push our limits of performance, so that you can push yours.” CEO, Sun Naegele

Continues...

MANY years ago I had a "tour" of the old Maine plant. They had a long bench where a bunch of gals were pinning M16 uppers and lowers together. Sometimes a pin didn't want to go in, but they just reamed the hole with a pistol drill. At the end of the line there was a cement block wall with a couple of blocks missing. The guy at the end latched a 30 round mag into the gun, stuck the muzzle into the hole, dumped the mag full auto and put the gun in the box. Jack.

I have a Windham Bushmaster A3 heavy barrel that I traded something for quite a few years ago. They had a period where some of the front sights were canted, right from the factory. I called and they offered to have it picked up, fix it and send it back or I could bring it to them and they would fix it while I waited. I opted for the latter and I'm glad I did. I got a nice tour of the factory and they fixed the sight problem while I hung out there. I took it home and it's been a tack driver ever since

Last edited:
I have a Bushmaster 20" A2 XM15-E2S HBAR that I picked up at the beginning of this Millennium from Carl at Four Seasons... when he was on the other side of the hallway.
Very good rifle for a sub-middle-tier AR...

1628284153794.png

Happy to see them back...
1628284397878.png

Would like.
1628284922702.png

Last edited:
ACR > SCAR

[popcorn]

Last weekend...

Student - "What's that, a SCAR?

Me - "This is a SCAR for adults."

Seriously, as a Bushmaster collector, I'm waiting to see how the production quality pans out before I get too excited. The shaky stuff that came through under Freedom/Remington was very hit or miss compared to the Maine guns. I'm frankly a bit surprised, with all the money out there now, that the boys at Windham didn't make a play for the 'ol Bushmaster name. It would have been nice to see it come home.

Also, keep in mind, the "new" Bushmaster is being run by Franklin Armory. My distaste for the idiocy of that company has only grown in recent years... Not only is the FosTech a better design and product as AR and AK triggers go, the FA guys were crappy to deal with as a dealer, and a nightmare of stupid as a customer - flopping between ignorant, unprofessional and incoherent. Nothing beats not knowing what deals you're advertising, and then refusing to honor your own promotions - three times in a row? Sheesh.

In the worst case, maybe the best we'll see is the return of the ACR BFS trigger, which has been out of production (but not off the product roster) for about 2 years.

I have a Bushmaster 20" A2 XM15-E2S HBAR that I picked up at the beginning of this Millennium from Carl at Four Seasons... when he was on the other side of the hallway.
Very good rifle for a sub-middle-tier AR...

View attachment 510180
Looks almost like mine except mine came with a foreskin and a removable handle

Yeah, mine has a fixed carry handle. (I'm an iron sights guy)

As to the foreskin... I had that removed 8 days later... [rofl]
Mine came with a handle too which I decided to leave on. I too prefer irons but it's getting harder to get on target with them due to old(ish) eyes.

I built a carbine a few years ago and that has Nikon glass on it.

I wouldn’t mind an ACR if price and quality are right.

Historically a $2200-3200 rifle depending on the style/features, and the market at the time.

Big complaint on release was that it was not closer to $1500 starting price, but once you've owned one, the pricing makes sense. Cheaper than a comparable SCAR both in MSRP and sale price, typically... in my eyes a much better rifle. Very easy and relatively clean to suppress.

So how does Windham Weaponry feel about this? Is this simply a marketing ploy by the new Bushmaster owners? And that Windham Weaponry (run by the Bushmaster original owner) still makes the better product?

Last edited:
Zzzzzzzz wake me up when shitmaster starts making and disributing non vaporware. ACR for all intents and purposes doesn't exist.

He asked if dealers will sell though not the law. I haven't seen a dealer selling a feature compliant post ban rifle, just lowers. Maybe you visit cooler LGS than me though, I don't travel too far.
Fixed stock ACRs should be complaint with both the AWB and the unenforceable Mad Maura nonsense, for those who care. Under both Windham and Ilion (et al) manufacture they came with a pinned brake (actual AWB) and a 5rd magazine, and the only shared parts with an enumerated weapon (Healy Bullshit) was the "mag well" - no similar systems to an enumerated weapon either.

Well, after reading here that it’s Franklin Armory who’s resuscitating Bushy, I think I’ll pass. They’re way too focused on coming up with shenanigans like that smooth bore AR. Although I wonder how long it will take them to ruin Bushmaster for good.

Back
Top Bottom