Burrillville CCW

Anyone have any experience with Burrillville issuing CCW permits? I'm thinking about buying a home there.

Good thread, chief runs a tight group there, seems like a good guy, but the no Firearms in the station sign is concerning, been contemplating if they would support a non res, I work in Burrillville.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It's a new chief also from what I was told. The old chief had some very positive feedback, not much on the new guy tho.

Why not schedule a meeting with the chief? Talking with him will give an answer.

Yes I'm serious.
I disagree with this advice. Even the Chief's that follows the law and issue, would rather not have to deal with CCW permits and he 'might' tell you to apply through the AG. If you don't apply and he doesn't have to deny you and you have not be aggrieved. If you meet all the statutory requirements, simply request the application and apply. Make sure you document EVERY step and get proof that you applied as well as all communication with the Chief.
They have the application online, so I think that is an indication on how the Chief feels about permits since most PDs make it a lot more difficult to get an application.
http://www.burrillville.org/sites/b..._gun_permit_application_form_on_9-17-2013.pdf

Interesting application, #5 is a suitability question:
5. A person prohibited from having a firearm by any state or federal law, or
court order is not eligible to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon

I disagree with this advice. Even the Chief's that follows the law and issue, would rather not have to deal with CCW permits and he 'might' tell you to apply through the AG. If you don't apply and he doesn't have to deny you and you have not be aggrieved. If you meet all the statutory requirements, simply request the application and apply. Make sure you document EVERY step and get proof that you applied as well as all communication with the Chief.
They have the application online, so I think that is an indication on how the Chief feels about permits since most PDs make it a lot more difficult to get an application.
http://www.burrillville.org/sites/b..._gun_permit_application_form_on_9-17-2013.pdf

how do you recommend this get documented?? like what should you ask the PD for upon delivery of the completed application?? only reason I ask is because i'm sure if you ask for a letter, for example, stating that they received your application they will happily tell you to go screw.

If you mail it you can mail it certified with a return receipt. If you drop it off yourself, request that you get a receipt that you dropped off a pistol permit application.

Back
Top Bottom