Burlington man accused of building 'ghost gun' pleads guilty to ammunition charges

Reptile

NES Member
BOSTON - A 32-year-old man accused of building a semi-automatic "ghost gun" from parts he ordered pleaded guilty Tuesday to being a felon in possession of ammunition.

Brendan Sheils, 32, of Burlington, is scheduled for sentencing on March 18. He faces a maximum punishment of 10 years in prison, three years of supervised release and a $250,000 fine, said Christina DiLorio-Sterling, spokeswoman for U.S. Attorney Andrew E. Lelling.

Acting on a tip that Sheils was in possession of an Uzi bump stock weapon and planned to attack the Burlington Police Department, police investigated and applied for a search warrant. On Feb. 23 they raided his home and recovered the homemade AR-15 style rifle. The gun was loaded with 28 bullets and a total of 30 pieces of ammunition were found in the residence, she said.

Burlington man accused of building 'ghost gun' pleads guilty to ammunition charges

28 boolits?

there are people on this forum who refer to bullets as 'bullet heads' so what's your point?

Appears this all happened about a year ago.

Never seen a bump-stock on an uzi, personally... still haven't. And that very retarded statement should NOT be good cause to issue a warrant.

So the guy had a rifle, three magazines, and enough ammo to fill one magazine (and like a good boy didn't fill it to 30, which makes me wonder if it was USGI, and he had served). Were the magazines pre-94? Did he have an LTC? Was the "ar-style" weapon in a compliant configuration or an "assault weapon" configuration? Did it in fact have a bump stock installed? Lots of questions here.

SBR might be an issue.

Where are the other two magazines? Or were they just some made up garnish on the word-salad of liberal retardation that is seemingly every article about this?

Ditto the "30 rounds of ammunition".

Not quite sure why after spending any time at all on this forum that anyone here with half a brain in their head has an expectation of 1) accurate reportage about anything related to firearms and 2) correct or equal application of any law in MA.

(apologies to any liberals....I know you don't have even half a brain)

Appears this all happened about a year ago.

Never seen a bump-stock on an uzi, personally... still haven't. And that very retarded statement should NOT be good cause to issue a warrant.

So the guy had a rifle, three magazines, and enough ammo to fill one magazine (and like a good boy didn't fill it to 30, which makes me wonder if it was USGI, and he had served). Were the magazines pre-94? Did he have an LTC? Was the "ar-style" weapon in a compliant configuration or an "assault weapon" configuration? Did it in fact have a bump stock installed? Lots of questions here.
Well.....the article says "felon in possession" of ammunition so it's fairly certain he didn't have an ltc.

Fake news, all of that stuff is illegal and therefore impossible to obtain in massachusetts.
Also where was the "uzi-bump-stock" that led them there?
I for one am glad that vise and bullet keychain is off the streets.

That missing "Uzi with a bump stock" and the tip that he was going to light up the police station makes me think that it was just a someone snitching him out due to a grudge. That has to be one of the best weapon descriptions for that purpose. Swat team probably got a hard-on thinking about busting someone with an Uzi.

Only loaded that mag with 28 huh? Gunna do a tacticool reload with those remaining 2 rounds?!? Because they only found 30 rounds, right??

Hahahaha
That’s kinda funny

1. Total BS pic, assuming that the po-po put the SBR upper on the gun.

2. He's still totally screwed on the collapsing stock.

3. He's also totally screwed with the whole "uhhhh, you are a PP." So the SBR-or-not item is a non-issue.

4. Despite 2 and 3 above, I'm still of the opinion that if you paid your debt to society, you should receive your full rights as a citizen back. Yes, it might lead to more crime. Or not. Crims gonna crim and all.

He received almost 4 years in prison after pleading guilty to being a felon in possession of ammunition. The news paper said that his house was raided after police received information that he was in possession of a "Uzi bump stock weapon" and that he was going to attack the Burlington police. The paper said that the police found a AR-15 ghost gun after raiding the house.
I'm guessing that the suspect probably did a sucky job finishing the 80% lower and it probably didn't work, maybe that is why they dropped the firearm charge.
The news paper said they got their information from the U.S. justice dept, so it looks like the feds prosecuted him.

Edit- I guess this is old news, Reptile stated this info in the OP. I thought it was new info because it is today's newspaper.

Last edited:
1. Total BS pic, assuming that the po-po put the SBR upper on the gun.
Consumer grade UZIs come with a short display bbl that does not even have a chamber, and a bbl that meets the length requirement to not be an SBR. It is quite likely that the gun had the display bbl on it when seized.

Back
Top Bottom