• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Burger King Whopper - Clara Peller is asking "Where's the Beef"?

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I love it when great minds think alike. [banana]

I'd pass on the burger, but the fries and water should still be good to go.

Am I right?
Think outside the Box... Grasshopper.

Pick up burger, toss the South End of the bun in the toilet and have a burger with half the carbs...

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The bigger question is: "Why didn't the guy place the burger on top of the fries? Is he worried about getting ketchup on it...?"

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Think outside the Box... Grasshopper.

Pick up burger, toss the South End of the bun in the toilet and have a burger with half the carbs...
Good point.

The good stuff like the onions, cheese, pickles, ketchup is always on top anyways.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
f*** that shit ... f*** THAT SHIT

they are basically selling soy shit that they fed to rats and rats were ok with it, so it must be safe. None of these f***s will be ordering this at some fancy place. This is the grub for proles, to reduce carbon emissions.

You homos realize that soy is plant estrogen ... just so you know that your man tits are not growing from AR shooting (for the most part)
Post of the Week right there^

Plutzing.gif

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Only problem is that these new veggie Whoopers are cooked on the same flame broil conveyor belt that the meat burgers are cooked on. So BK has a small disclaimer that there "may" be small traces of meat in the veggie burger.

UH OH. All those vegans just had their brains exploded......

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
But it still has the fat of the original Whopper

The original Whopper clocks in at 660 calories (more than half of them coming from fat), 40 grams of fat, and 28 grams of protein. The Impossible Whopper comes in at 630 calories (again, half from fat), 34 grams of fat, and 25 grams of protein.

I might add Where's the Healthiness?
That's what I was reading. It's not a more "health friendly" option to the whopper, if either were even mentioned in the same sentence as healthy. Instead, its just an option to not eat an animal product. FWIW, I've had friends who have had one out of curiosity and they report that it is remarkably tasty.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only problem is that these new veggie Whoopers are cooked on the same flame broil conveyor belt that the meat burgers are cooked on. So BK has a small disclaimer that there "may" be small traces of meat in the veggie burger.

UH OH. All those vegans just had their brains exploded......
I used to work in an office building that shared a cafeteria with another company. That company was a call center and was heavy on Indians, who were largely vegetarian. I was talking to the grill cook one day, and he bragging that the Indians all "loved his veggie burgers". He told me his secret, he cooked them in bacon grease. I laughed hysterically, and he was too dumb to know why.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had one, tastes slightly different than a regular one. Slightly more "spicy" flavor. Not bad at all. Much prefer BK to McD's.

MarlboroughMan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f*** that shit ... f*** THAT SHIT

they are basically selling soy shit that they fed to rats and rats were ok with it, so it must be safe. None of these f***s will be ordering this at some fancy place. This is the grub for proles, to reduce carbon emissions.

You homos realize that soy is plant estrogen ... just so you know that your man tits are not growing from AR shooting (for the most part)
Please. We eat so much crap from preservatives to antibiotics, chemicals, etc. in everything we eat that mixing in a veggie burger instead of red meat once in a while isn't any more likely to cause you to grow tits than anything else we eat. I doubt the "impossible" burger is any healthier (and they don't claim it to be) but I also doubt there's anything in it that's any more harmful than the "meat" you'd normally get in a whopper. I like a lot of variety in my diet so that I'm not getting too much of the bad stuff that's in any one thing (except for beer... and chocolate... if there's a lot of estrogen in beer or chocolate I'd better go bra shopping).

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
With all these plant and insect based alternative food products that we seem to be hearing about on a weekly basis, does anyone else have a nagging feeling that the powers that be are trying to condition us for something?
[tinfoil]
Sure. They are trying to condition people to realize that bugs have far more protein per lb than beef and are possibly healthier for us.

Now, do I want a grasshopper-burger?? HELL NO! But veggie and bug burgers ARE more environmentally conscious choices. And some people are looking for that.

Will this be a big hit? I see this turning into the McDLT or the Mcsomething Deluxe of the 80's. People aren't flocking to BK or McD for odd alternatives.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just tried the Impossible Burger of the weekend. Not from BK, but we bought some at the Shaws in Groton. Took it home and threw it on the grill and added some cheese.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't suck that bad. Yes...you can tell it is not beef, but it is also FAR better than the shit they sold in the 70s/80s. Better than the Morning Star stuff. If I were forced to go vegetarian, this would be a pretty decent substitute for a burger.

NOTE: I'm a fat guy who loves steak and hamburgers so this should mean something to people. :)

Top Bottom