• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Burger King Whopper - Clara Peller is asking "Where's the Beef"?

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Burger King’s ‘Impossible’ Whopper Has No Beef

Burger King has no Burger in their burger and Clara Peller is asking "Where's the Beef"? From her grave!

Impossible Whopper — a vegetarian version of their flagship sandwich at outlets nationwide by the end of the year.

The new veg-friendly option uses a patty from Impossible Foods, a California-based startup that develops plant-based alternatives for meat. Despite the switcheroo and new green paper wrapper, Burger King wants consumers to know that the sandwich is still 100 percent Whopper, despite the lack of beef.

upload_2019-8-14_19-43-51.png

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
With all these plant and insect based alternative food products that we seem to be hearing about on a weekly basis, does anyone else have a nagging feeling that the powers that be are trying to condition us for something?
[tinfoil]

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
With all these plant and insect based alternative food products that we seem to be hearing about on a weekly basis, does anyone else have a nagging feeling that the powers that be are trying to condition us for something?
[tinfoil]
Yes we are all going to be humanoids controlled by .GOV just watch.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have no interest in them (not big on BK anyways), but from what I've read, those burgers aren't that bad and
are remarkably close to tasting like a real beef burger (they even have bloody colored juice).

I might even try one out of curiosity.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Next thing you'll be telling me is that the Chicken Fries aren't made with chicken...

They're made with vegetables...

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
But it still has the fat of the original Whopper

The original Whopper clocks in at 660 calories (more than half of them coming from fat), 40 grams of fat, and 28 grams of protein. The Impossible Whopper comes in at 630 calories (again, half from fat), 34 grams of fat, and 25 grams of protein.

I might add Where's the Healthiness?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no interest in them (not big on BK anyways), but from what I've read, those burgers aren't that bad and
are remarkably close to tasting like a real beef burger (they even have bloody colored juice).

I might even try one out of curiosity.
My wife is a vegetarian, for over 20 years. Ive taken her to try the Impossible Whopper at a location in NY. She liked it. I found it no more disgusting than a regular whopper. Would I go out of my way to get one? No, but it's a nice option for my wife and other non-meateaters.

MarlboroughMan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't eat a lot of red meat... tried one yesterday and honestly couldn't tell the difference between it and the regular whopper that I might eat once a year.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah that's practical when your out and need lunch.
I've never seen any place where a Burger King was that there wasn't at least four other choices of places to eat.

I solved the whole problem a long time ago, I eat at home. If I'm going to be on the road, I pack a cooler with food amd drinks. The only thing fast food places are good for is a place to stop and take a piss, they usually keep their bathrooms cleaner than the tables people eat at.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I’d try one. Every once in a while I like veggie burgers, and I’m the guy who stocks up on beef jerky before heading to India.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've never seen any place where a Burger King was that there wasn't at least four other choices of places to eat.

I solved the whole problem a long time ago, I eat at home. If I'm going to be on the road, I pack a cooler with food amd drinks. The only thing fast food places are good for is a place to stop and take a piss, they usually keep their bathrooms cleaner than the tables people eat at.
Your move...

Stall Burger.jpg

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
f*** that shit ... f*** THAT SHIT

they are basically selling soy shit that they fed to rats and rats were ok with it, so it must be safe. None of these f***s will be ordering this at some fancy place. This is the grub for proles, to reduce carbon emissions.

You homos realize that soy is plant estrogen ... just so you know that your man tits are not growing from AR shooting (for the most part)

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Mounts to tailgate...

I have a similar meat grinder which was old when my grandmother came across the pond from England 107 years ago. I ground pork, beef and clams (I'd dug) with it in all through the 70's at her request, and when my mother downsized to move to FL, it came into my possession along with her old school Presto pressure cooker. I can still remember walking into a butcher shop and asking for 1.5 pounds of stew meat to grind and make burgers.

My son has already called dibs on it.

Top Bottom