• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bump totals

just wondering just what the limit of bumps is in the classified ads.

It seems to me that after a dozen or so it’s obvious that no one is interested.

50, 100, 150 is a bit over the top, no?

Bob

If you have to bump any ad more than a couple of times your price is too high to garner any interest in your sale item unless it is something that is just very rare or obscure and of limited interest to begin with.

i find the mega bumps most useful. the repeat bumpers use a like clockwork weekly schedule and as a retired person, i mark the weeks by their regular bumping of their wares. calendar? i don't need no f'n calendar!

Sooner or later, someone may buy that Frostee glass chiller for which refills are no longer sold.

Last edited:
Hey ! You listening Mr parlor rifle, pedestal sink dope ?

what if 'cooler' is like santa claus...making a list, and checking it twice?

steve-buscemi-billy-madison.png

just wondering just what the limit of bumps is in the classified ads.

It seems to me that after a dozen or so it’s obvious that no one is interested.

50, 100, 150 is a bit over the top, no?

Bob
It's coming, it will be a time limit. Not matter what I set that limit to I will get "C U next Tuesday's" bitching about it. ;)

Hey ! You listening Mr parlor rifle, pedestal sink dope ?

Hey, I looked at that pedestal sink and would have bought it if I wasn't so far away.....I'm not paying to ship it.

I think that ad would be far more successful on Craigslist than on a gun board.

It's coming, it will be a time limit. Not matter what I set that limit to I will get "C U next Tuesday's" bitching about it. ;)

Let them bitch....your board, your rules!

Just my opinion but two or three weeks should suffice for anything that is reasonably priced and sought after by most.:)

If it was set to something long like a year it would cut ~50% of the ads out.
Start there and see where it goes. Just mean that you have to create the ad over again that may be enough to discourage most.

Meh, more important things to be concerned with than someone I don’t know trying to sell the same overpriced item for 5yrs.

I’m a guest here, easy enough to skip over it and move on to something else.

There's only like a handful of people though who are basically bumping the same garbage over and over again. I would set the rule to something like "If you can't sell it in a year, it doesn't belong on NES".

These people are really only annoying to mods/staff/you, though. Everyone else can just put them on ignore as a blanket and that solves that problem. [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom