• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bump stock theory

Hmm, nice detective work. I think your theory has a lot of merit. When I saw that shit I was like "this can't be right, this doesn't make sense" but given your explanation it makes perfect sense- basically they're hanging the government up by the ballbag for a takings lawsuit... correct me if I'm wrong here, but even if the "ban" stands, isn't there still standing for takings? Particularly given that ATF demanded destruction as opposed to the aikins accelerator thing where they want "oh as long as you don't possess the spring" which limited their takings liability to like 50 cents per stock or something. (because the owner got to keep the rest of the stock, however worthless it is... )

-Mike
Also, previous "NFAification" of formerly normal guns came with a grace period in which the items could get on the registry with the $200 fee waived. This is the first major one that was actually a taking.

That was based off ATF deciding they didn't meet the stupid "sporting purposes" clause for title 1 shotguns. So there was an amnesty of sorts with a window to get DD stamps for them.... In recent history there was some talk of them reinterpreting this, because of the wide use of shotguns in sports like 3 gun, etc.
The ATF specifically concluded that organized sports using LCMM (their term was large capacity military magazine) were not "legitimate sporting purposes" ut rather simply competitions in which LCMMs where used. They also took the same position regarding 3 gun competition.

Back
Top Bottom