Bump Stock Maker Seeks Compensation From Las Vegas Massacre Victim Fund

The suite filed by victims against the manufacturer is wrong, but that doesn't make this any less of a dick move.

The suite filed by victims against the manufacturer is wrong, but that doesn't make this any less of a dick move.

How so? If someone is going to pay out a lawsuit to victims of a murder shouldn't it be the one responsible? His money can pay the suit over his actions, slidefire has no responsibility here for the actions of a third party yet they are being sued.

comrades, you keep reading NYT, it will give you anal cancer.

Slide Fire Solutions — the defunct manufacturer of the controversial “bump stock” device that converted Stephen Paddock’s guns into automatic weapons, helping him kill 58 people in 11 minutes

you are much better quoting ravings of a lunatic or a member of congress, at least they are right some times.

How so? If someone is going to pay out a lawsuit to victims of a murder shouldn't it be the one responsible? His money can pay the suit over his actions, slidefire has no responsibility here for the actions of a third party yet they are being sued.
Read the article. The Blindfire suit, win or lose, will bankrupt the fund PREVENTING payments to the victims. And it's his estate that is paying out, as it should be.
Your comment assumes there is some endless supply of free money, sort of like those people who think gov money is free, it all comes from somewhere.

Read the article. The Blindfire suit, win or lose, will bankrupt the fund PREVENTING payments to the victims. And it's his estate that is paying out, as it should be.
Your comment assumes there is some endless supply of free money, sort of like those people who think gov money is free, it all comes from somewhere.

He killed people, slidefire is being sued for it. If they lose they want the estate to pay instead of them. The people who should drop this and save the estate money are the "Victims" who are suing slidefire under the ridiculous concept that they are somehow at fault. It isn't the fault of slidefire that any of this happened, and it would be a travesty if they had to pay one red cent because of this. Bad enough they have to pay lawyers to fight this nonsense. If the other victims have an issue, or the family wants this to go away they should talk to those who are suing slidefire and get them to drop it and take their cut of the estate the family is promising them.

EDIT: Where did I say anything about free money?

Last edited:

I have no sympathy if the victims also sued the company and "won"and are now after the BG's estate expecting a handout.

The fact remains if it wasnt for this one psycho guy all of these people would not have been killed/injured , and slidefire would not be out of business.

The massacre was not "the fault" of some "plastic slidey thing" nor the company that made it.

I would bet that if slidefire had not been sued, the creditors wouldn't be standing around waiting to go after this money..... so in this case, if it goes against
them, the victims ambulance chasers are going to reap what they sowed. (I am betting the class overlaps heavily here between the two actions).

I have no sympathy if the victims also sued the company and "won"and are now after the BG's estate expecting a handout.

The fact remains if it wasnt for this one psycho guy all of these people would not have been killed/injured , and slidefire would not be out of business.

The massacre was not "the fault" of some "plastic slidey thing" nor the company that made it.

I would bet that if slidefire had not been sued, the creditors wouldn't be standing around waiting to go after this money..... so in this case, if it goes against
them, the victims ambulance chasers are going to reap what they sowed. (I am betting the class overlaps heavily here between the two actions).
I'm sure Slidefire has/had insurance. They certainly had a lawyer advising them, and they are in the firearm industry. It would have been insane for them not to be insured. So I think it's more than safe to assume they are insured. That means the insurance company will probably settle any lawsuit against them. That's what insurance is for. And I have no sympathy for the insurance company, insurance is a gamble, the insurer is betting they won't have to pay. They lost that bet THIS TIME, it's the nature of their business.

But if Slidefire wins their suit THEY get nothing, same as if they lose, because both outcomes will bankrupt the estate. And of course slidefire will be out of business anyway so if there is anything left it is nothing but a big payday for the owner. Unless you really think he's going to give it to all his employees, I mean former employees. This is about a big payday for one person, no matter who it may hurt. And the owner knew he was playing in the margins, that's why he sought a ruling from the ATF, if he was sure what he was making wasn't an MG then he wouldn't have needed the ATF ruling.

Now what follows requires you to understand the difference between what I personally believe is "right" and what the law says is right.
The law says no MGs and left it to the ATF to make rulings. The ATF F'd up when the said a bump stock wan't an MG part, within the law. This F'up was a benefit to those who wanted to spray bullets (if you find that fun, good for you. I prefer a real MG), so everyone here supported it, but it was still a mess up by the ATF, and it created a situation that was going to go to shit sooner or later, even without what happened in Las Vegas. But the ATF should have left it to congress to change the law and fix their mess up.....under the law. And now everyone is butt hurt that the politicians closed a loophole, what did you expect? I saw it coming a long way off.

I'm sure Slidefire has/had insurance. They certainly had a lawyer advising them, and they are in the firearm industry. It would have been insane for them not to be insured. So I think it's more than safe to assume they are insured. That means the insurance company will probably settle any lawsuit against them. That's what insurance is for. And I have no sympathy for the insurance company, insurance is a gamble, the insurer is betting they won't have to pay. They lost that bet THIS TIME, it's the nature of their business.

But if Slidefire wins their suit THEY get nothing, same as if they lose, because both outcomes will bankrupt the estate. And of course slidefire will be out of business anyway so if there is anything left it is nothing but a big payday for the owner. Unless you really think he's going to give it to all his employees, I mean former employees. This is about a big payday for one person, no matter who it may hurt. And the owner knew he was playing in the margins, that's why he sought a ruling from the ATF, if he was sure what he was making wasn't an MG then he wouldn't have needed the ATF ruling.

Now what follows requires you to understand the difference between what I personally believe is "right" and what the law says is right.
The law says no MGs and left it to the ATF to make rulings. The ATF F'd up when the said a bump stock wan't an MG part, within the law. This F'up was a benefit to those who wanted to spray bullets (if you find that fun, good for you. I prefer a real MG), so everyone here supported it, but it was still a mess up by the ATF, and it created a situation that was going to go to shit sooner or later, even without what happened in Las Vegas. But the ATF should have left it to congress to change the law and fix their mess up.....under the law. And now everyone is butt hurt that the politicians closed a loophole, what did you expect? I saw it coming a long way off.

Baaalllloney! All of it^^^^^^^.

that's why he sought a ruling from the ATF, if he was sure what he was making wasn't an MG then he wouldn't have needed the ATF ruling.

Complete hogwash. No one f*cks with the ATF when the ATF technical branch is there to answer these very questions. Is my chunk of aluminum a firearm or not? Yes? Let me submit another with more material present. Is my new chunk of aluminum a firearm? No? 80% lowers for sale.

Anyone working to find a business within the ATF regulations will ask the ATF for a ruling on their product and iterate until they get the answer they want. Pistol braces did not magically appear on the market w/o an ATF technical branch letter. No sane manufacturer sells 80% lowers w/o an ATF letter either themselves or copying someone else.

Bump stock, slidefire, etc all got ATF letters. If not their insurance may very well have not covered them.

sub 16" ARs with smooth bore barrels
bump/slide fire stocks
pistol braces
80% lowers
80% glock select fire kits
shockwave and other non NFA non pistol grip non shotgun shotguns

The list is endless

Lol, insurance only covers up to whatever the insured value is, which given the 100 year flood nature of this event, likely wasn't anywhere near enough to cover all the claims. And there are all kinds of outs in those policies, too.... not to mention, the only reason they probably even lost is because of emo save the orphans BS in the court of public opinion... and likely didn't have much for representation.

Let me put it this way, if I got shot by some thug with a hi-point and my family sued hi-point, the attorney would get laughed out of the courtroom. The gun (or Hi-Point) didn't kill me, the thug did. The only reason this got any traction is because of emo bullshit, and the constant din of "save the orphans" likely overwhelmed the jurors with guilt and bad feelings about something they had no responsibility for whatsoever. There's an entire legion of f***sticks in this country that make innocent people feel guilty over something they didn't do, preying on their emotions, etc. Ambulance chasers are great at this, especially if you can show a pile of bodies. Jurors probably rationalized "well, thiis company is going out of business anyways, least we can do is steal some of their money and give it to the victims, bweah heah, so wah lah, SAAAAAAAVE THE ORPHANS!!!!!!" /groan.

I guess I'm just not a fan of tort abuse. Why are people entitled to money from people who had absolutely nothing to do with someone else's death? This lawyerism of trying to
equate a bump stock with something like, a chemical factory leaking a cloud of gas bhopal-style over a city and killing a bunch of people is just straight up retarded. Ascribing malice to
an inanimate object that requires several DISTINCT actions by a human actor to hurt another human with it, is just straight up retarded.

But if Slidefire wins their suit THEY get nothing, same as if they lose, because both outcomes will bankrupt the estate. And of course slidefire will be out of business anyway so if there is anything left it is nothing but a big payday for the owner.

A big payday after the lawyers get 50%, and the guy (or whoever owns slidefire) likely has lots of creditors to pay....

This is about a big payday for one person, no matter who it may hurt.

Lol, you act like Slidefire has no debt, and that Slidefire is microsoft or something... [rofl]

The bottom line is if slidefire got sued before by the victims, lost, and had to pay out some kind of a judgement then they have just as much right to sue the guy who caused the whole
thing as the victims do.

And the owner knew he was playing in the margins, that's why he sought a ruling from the ATF, if he was sure what he was making wasn't an MG then he wouldn't have needed the ATF ruling.

*my response deleted* read what @CrackPot said again, he covered this better than I could. ATF rulings are not special, gnomish mysticism.

The law says no MGs and left it to the ATF to make rulings. The ATF F'd up when the said a bump stock wan't an MG part, within the law. This F'up was a benefit to those who wanted to spray bullets (if you find that fun, good for you. I prefer a real MG),

I don't give a shit about bump stocks, but the precedent of ruling them out of existence when they clearly complied with constraints in US code is no different than what Healey did in 2016.

They didn't "F up" anything. It's not the ATFs job to make law- they actually did the RIGHT thing by more or less punting when there clearly was no coverage for banning bump stocks within
the confines of the law.

ETA: Before vegas, the closest the ATF ever got to banning bump stocks was the akins accelerator ban, but if you look at the design of that device, it's clearly "mechanical" in nature vs a
typical bump stock.

so everyone here supported it, but it was still a mess up by the ATF,

and it created a situation that was going to go to shit sooner or later, even without what happened in Las Vegas.

Lol, how? Without that catalyst nobody would care. Up until that point only yee-haws bought them to do mag dumps at the
range or their farm pond or whatever. Also, thinking critically, do you even know how uncomplicated the device is? All it really did was
make it so novices could bump fire a gun. Anyone who wasnt a noob could drop a decent semi trigger in an AR and "bump it manually" etc.

I wonder what the ambulance chasers would have done if the BG had just made his own slidefire out of a block/couple pieces of wood.

Or, would they have sued coat hanger manufacturers?

We're also wondering if the ATF was going to decree it illegal to wear pants with belt loops on it while firing a semiautomatic rifle. You can use that as a bump firing
device, too. So it looks like if it stands we might have to go to the range wearing only russian tracksuits or sweatpants.

But the ATF should have left it to congress to change the law and fix their mess up.....under the law. And now everyone is butt hurt that the politicians closed a loophole, what did you expect? I saw it coming a long way off.

They did leave congress to do it- for years. Bump stocks were around for a long time before the shit hit the fan, and various whining c***s had made noises about
them. Then Trump, after being prodded by the NRA, asked the ATF to administratively ban bump stocks, and they did, in likely obvious defiance of existing federal law that defines
machine guns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom